Fidonet Portal

From: Gerhard Strangar (2:240/2188.575)
To: All
Date: Wed, 11.11.20 20:01
Counting votes
High,

I just read that Georgia needs to recount all votes manually and I wonder what
manually is supposed to mean. Do they otherwise use machines? If so, why does
it take so long?
In Germany, the polling stations close at 18:00 and we usually get the manually
counted preliminary results between 22:00 and 23:00 on that same day. And I
cannot remember any election where the final results changed noteworthy.

What happens if multiple recounting two parties/candidates have exactly the
same number of votes? Do you hold a second election or flip a coin?

Tschoe mit Oe
Gerhard
---
* Origin: (2:240/2188.575)