Fidonet Portal

From: Roy Witt (1:397/22)
To: All
Date: Wed, 20.06.07 10:02
Freezing
19 Jun 07 21:40, Ward Dossche wrote to DAVID WILLIAMS:

DW>> Here in Canada, drink cans are almost all aluminum. (I have no idea
DW>> why the second "i" was dropped.Wink We are all strongly encouraged to
DW>> recycle them after use, so the metal is used over and over again.

WD> It makes sense to have drink cans made out of steel:

WD> 1) It is cheaper
WD> 2) It is stronger
WD> 3) It is more readily available
WD> 4) It is cheaper and easier to recuperate

But it would be un-sanitary to do so considering that most soft-drinks
have an acidic make up. Manufacturing costs of steel vs aluminum would be
more for steel, since it's not as readily formed as aluminum. Plus,
America has lots of bauxite to make aluminum.

R\%/itt

"Beware the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck
forever..."

--- Twit(t) Filter v2.1 (C) 2000
* Origin: SATX Alamo Area Net * South * Texas, USA * (1:397/22)