Fidonet Portal

From: Maurice Kinal (1:153/7001)
To: All
Date: Tue, 03.11.20 19:13
life ?
Hey Phillip!

PT> I used Slackware a long time ago then I switched to debian
PT> becayse I had a lot of issues with it.

Back when debian first came out I was highly unimpressed with it. Same with
redhat although at the time it was the easiest to get up and running right out
of the box. I may still even have the install CDs for those kicking around
somewhere. They'd be around 25-ish years old by now.

As for Debian, the main issue I have with them is compatibility. Things like
substitution eglibc for glibc, mawk for awk, etc. Also I always got the
impression that debian is the microsoft of linux distributions which in my case
is not a good thing.

I think Slackware is probably the most stable distribution although I haven't
been keeping up with the others.

Life is good,
Maurice

... Don't cry for me I have vi.
--- GNU bash, version 5.0.18(1)-release (x86_64-lmbrain-linux-gnu)
* Origin: Little Mikey's Brain - Ladysmith BC, Canada (1:153/7001)