Fidonet Portal

From: Bob Seaborn (1:140/12)
To: All
Date: Fri, 10.11.17 10:50
Z1 weekly nodelist segment in Z2 nodelist

> Hi Janis,
>
> A week ago I send you this crashmail:
>
> """
> Are you sending the right Z1 nodelist segment for the weekly nodelist to
> Ward?

Then ward is not doing his job (as usual), my domain changed quite some time
ago, and was properly updated by zc1 in our nodelist. Perhaps you should tell
zc2 to "get with it!"

> I'm seeing entries that don't seem correct for months now (compared to
> the Z2 daily, and the Z1 weekly), for instance Bob Seaborn's net
> entries:
>
> Region,17,North_West,AB_AK_BC_ID_MB_MT_OR_NWT_SK_WA_YT,Bob_Seaborn,-
> Unpublished-,300,CM,MN,XX,MO,IBN:nwstar.dynu.net
>
> Host,140,Prairie_Net,Saskatchewan_Canada,Bob_Seaborn,-Unpublished-,300,
> CM,MO,MN,XX,IBN:nwstar.tzo.com
> ,1,nwstar.tzo.com,Saskatchewan,Bob_Seaborn,-Unpublished-,300,CM,MN,XX,
> MO,IBN:nwstar.tzo.com,UNEC
>
> The latter two have a host name that doesn't resolve and is different in
> the Z1 weekly.
> """
>
> This is still the case in this weeks Z2 nodelist...
>
> Bye, Wilfred.
>
> --- FMail-lnx64 2.1.0.18-B20170815
> * Origin: FMail development HQ (2:280/464)

--- GEcho/32 & IM 2.50
* Origin: http://www.fidonet.ca (1:140/12)

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464)
To: All
Date: Fri, 10.11.17 18:02
Re: Z1 weekly nodelist segment in Z2 nodelist
Hi Bob,

On 2017-11-10 09:50:00, you wrote to me:

>> Are you sending the right Z1 nodelist segment for the weekly nodelist
>> to Ward?

BS> Then ward is not doing his job (as usual), my domain changed quite some
BS> time ago, and was properly updated by zc1 in our nodelist. Perhaps you
BS> should tell zc2 to "get with it!"

He said this is what he gets send from Janis for the weekly nodelist...

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Sat, 11.11.17 12:01
Re: Z1 weekly nodelist segment in Z2 nodelist
Bob,

BS> Based on what I've read, you owe your denziens a major apology.

You are unable to conduct a well-argumented discussion.

ZC1 has either more that one set of region-files to produce the zone1-file from
or a flawed system. Your IBN-information in these zone1-files fluctuates from
day to day, that's not my doing ... it's in the received files.

ZC3 and ZC4 can see it also should they care, and Kees Van Eeten @ 2:280/5003
sees it too as he also receives the files.

You're denying the undeniable simply because you have no clue what you're
talking about and need a stick.

Pfftttt ....

\%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.99
* Origin: I will always keep a PC running WinXP (2:292/854)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Sat, 11.11.17 13:07
Re: Z1 weekly nodelist segment in Z2 nodelist
Tommi,

TK> If I search the zone2 dailylists for 'nwstar.tzo.com' sometimes it is
TK> there, sometimes it is not:

The information you see is what I get in the ZONE1-list. If that is erratic,
then erratic information is passed on. Z3 and Z4 encounter the same issue.

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464)
To: All
Date: Sat, 11.11.17 13:11

On 2017-11-10 18:47:00, you wrote to me:

>> BS> Then ward is not doing his job (as usual), my domain changed quite
>> some
>> BS> time ago, and was properly updated by zc1 in our nodelist. Perhaps
>> you
>> BS> should tell zc2 to "get with it!"
>>
>> He said this is what he gets send from Janis for the weekly nodelist...

BS> Then either he is screwing up, or (again) stating mistruths.

You are making a fool of yourself. Please read the messages that Ward and
others have sent in this thread carefully!

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Sun, 12.11.17 13:27
Re: Z1 weekly nodelist segment in Z2 nodelist
BF>JK> That should take care of the problem.

BF> So it wasn't Ward that was at fault, like someone here claimed over
BF> and over again?

The word "fault" is heavy handed. Shit has happened to all of us in the past
and will happen in future.

What is troublesome however is that someone with a blurred view, to use an
understatement, is nominating people and will vote for them after clearly
displaying that his technical judgement is way inferior to the size of his
mouth.

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464)
To: All
Date: Sun, 12.11.17 14:26
Re: Z1 weekly nodelist segment in Z2 nodelist
Hi Tommi,

On 2017-11-12 10:21:48, you wrote to Janis Kracht:

TK> Lets wait for tomorrow. Smile

Lets wait for the weekly... ;)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Sun, 12.11.17 19:53
Re: Z1 weekly nodelist segment in Z2 nodelist
TK>TK>> Lets wait for tomorrow. Smile

TK>WV> Lets wait for the weekly... ;)

TK> That also, but tomorrow first. ;-)

That's not what the lady said. She said "Tomorrow is another day".

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Mon, 13.11.17 03:27
Re: Z1 weekly nodelist segment in Z2 nodelist
Hi Jeff,

JS> Do we not have the ability to say and
JS> realize that "OK, Shit Happened. Lets fix it and move on"?

You mean as in ...

Date: 12 Nov 17 12:27:40
From: Ward Dossche

Subj: Re: Z1 weekly nodelist segment in Z2 nodelist
Shit has happened to all of us in the past and will happen in future.

??