Fidonet Portal

From: Benny Pedersen (2:230/0)
To: All
Date: Fri, 21.11.14 22:06
restricted echomail
Hello All!

Date: 2014-11-21 21:01:46
From: Benny Pedersen of 2:230/0
To: All
Subj: z2 and z1 restricted echomail
Attr: Loc
Conf: ENET.SYSOP - European sysop conference

Hello All!

i find it very funny to see restricted areas in backbone.na

if Gert use that as a forward list in husky no one could blame him for that
error !

to make a forward step, could we in z2 start make another na file for z2
restricted echomail ?

and hope other zones do the same ?

hopefully this will end all wars in ftn atleast

Regards Benny

... there can only be one way of life, and it works Smile

--- Msged/LNX 6.2.0 (Linux/3.17.3-gentoo (i686)Wink
* Origin: duggi.junc.org where qico is waiting (2:230/0)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Sat, 22.11.14 09:48
Re: restricted echomail
Benny,

BP> i find it very funny to see restricted areas in backbone.na

There is a difference between "restricted" areas and "secret" areas.

In Z2 for example we have restrictions for ENET.SYSOP and REGCON.EUR .... but
these restriction are only "write restrictions". Everybody can read them and
there are even a few out-of-zone invited guests.

I think that business is best conducted in the open.

There also is the ZCC-echo which is restricted between ZCs and former ZCs. I am
sort of torn between 2 positions: on the one end I do not see why that business
needs to be conducted in secret, on the other hand if it is opened broadly to
"all" even as "read-only", people will start commenting in it anyway and it
will become a mess with the likes of xxx, yyy and zzz porting their own private
wars into that conference too.

In that same spirit where Z1, Z3 and the single active node of Z4 have at least
read-access to our Z2-write-restricted echoes, I find it utterly ridiculous
that the powers-that-be in Z1 insist on the continuation of a secret society
via the Z1C-echo (which can be accessed through "friends" anyway if one really
wants).

\%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.99
* Origin: Many Glacier / Protect - Preserve - Conserve (2:292/854)