Fidonet Portal

From: Ed Vance (1:2320/105.1)
To: All
Date: Wed, 25.04.12 19:23
FidoGazette Vol 6 No 7 Ap
KW>-=> Marc Lewis wrote to Nicholas Boel ML> HTML codes there are not kosher and not readily readable. It's lame
KW> ML> e-mail clients that are at fault. They should be using a news reader
KW> ML> program made for NNTP - not email clients such as "Outlook Distress"
KW> ML> and the like. Under OS/2 ProNews/2 is superb.

KW>Lame users, you mean. OE works fine for NNTP, when you tell it to
KW>compose/send in plain text. I like it just because it's the devil I've known
KW>for close to 10 years.

Kurt,

Long time ago in the FIDO Win95 echo I learned how to use OE on this XP
box to connect to HUB2000 to see if I liked doing echo mail that way.

Your message to Mark had me take a look at the OE - Options - Send Tab
settings.

Mail Sending Format - HTML
News Sending Format - Plain Text

I use TB instead of OE for POP email, but I changed the Mail Sending
Format to Plain Text anyway because I prefer TEXT with most of what I
originate.

But if I Forward a HTML message I will switch over to HTML and then
switch back to Text when I'm finished Forwarding stuff.

I only tried NNTP FIDO mail for a couple of times and went back to .QWK.

* SLMR 2.1a #T348 * Ah.. aah.. aaah.. atchou/200+:'-&bEo NO CARRIER
--- SBBSecho 2.12-Linux
* Origin: telnet & http://cco.ath.cx - Dial-Up: 502-875-8938 (1:2320/105.1)