Fidonet Portal

From: Marc Lewis (1:396/45.1)
To: All
Date: Mon, 16.04.12 10:39
FidoGazette Vol 6 No 7 April 09, 2012 Page: 2
Hello Nicholas!

RW> Our friend Ross offers Fidonet via your email client, thus the html
RW> code...

NB> Well, that's noone's fault but the people that offer this
NB> technology via NNTP, then. I stick to BBSes. I always have.

Though I also stick to BBS for a LOT of stuff, a slight defense of NNTP may be
in order here. NNTP was/is a text-mode only protocol, just like a BBS.
(Witness the lame BBS ads in alt.bbs.ads with BBS colour codes that make the
text unreadable for all intents and purposes.Wink Likewise HTML codes there are
not kosher and not readily readable. It's lame e-mail clients that are at
fault. They should be using a news reader program made for NNTP - not email
clients such as "Outlook Distress" and the like. Under OS/2 ProNews/2 is
superb.

Best regards,
Marc
Telnet://bbs.sursum-corda.com

--- timEd/2 1.10.y2k+
* Origin: Sursum Corda! BBS SysOp Point (1:396/45.1)