Fidonet Portal

From: alexander koryagin (2:5020/400)
To: All
Date: Fri, 30.11.12 15:37
one more

processed: spam filter heuristic analysis disabled)

From: "alexander koryagin"

F2EP
Hi, Paul Quinn! How are you?
on Friday, 30 of November, I read your message to Alexander Koryagin
about "one more"

ak>> A bus going along. Suddenly a loud dog bark is heard. A young man
ak>> takes his mobile phone out of his pocket: "Yes, my dear...."

PQ> Nicely written story, Alexander. I enjoyed it. (There is a word
PQ> missing in the first sentence. Can you guess what it... is?Wink My
PQ> youngest daughter has the same ring tone on her iPhone for incoming
PQ> email. Smile

It's my old problem - when I concentrate on the sense I forget about
grammar. ;-) In general, I know that present continuous tense demands
"be." The way out is only one - to translate more and more.

ak>> PS: can I say "out of pocket"?

PQ> You can, if you're broke (have no money). It may be slang here, I'm
PQ> not sure. I think it has to do with people turning their pockets
PQ> inside out to prove they have no money. You know, reach into your
PQ> pocket and grab the bottom, and, then pull it out. Look! No money!
PQ> 'Out of pocket', we say.

Maybe it "out of pocket" can be explained simpler. You have no money
on your bank account, and you spend immediately all the money you have
earned. In Russia we have "trade from wheels." It means that the goods
are sold immediately after delivering.

[...Amor omnia vincit]
Bye Paul!
Alexander (yAlexKo[]yandex.ru) + 2:5020/2140.91
fido7.english-tutor 2012

--- ifmail v.2.15dev5.4
* Origin: Demos online service (2:5020/400)