Fidonet Portal

From: rbernardo@iglou.com (2:221/1.10)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 12.02.20 18:22
Next FCUG meeting - Sunday, Feb. 16
Happy Valentines' Day, C= and Ami aficionados!

The Fresno Commodore User Group has its next meeting from 11 a.m. to 2:00+
p.m., Sunday, February 16, at

Panera Bread Restaurant
3590 W Shaw Ave. (corner of W. Shaw Ave. and Marty Ave.Wink
Fresno, CA 93711
(559) 271-0104
http://www.dickestel.com/meet_loc.htm

This month we may have special visitors coming from the Sacramento Amiga
Computer Club! Make sure to give them a friendly Fresno greeting!

For discussion we'll talk about the April 4 City of STEM science show which is
in Los Angeles, the April 25-26 Commodore Los Angeles Super Show (CLASS), the
Vintage Computer Festival East happening in New Jersey at the same time as
CLASS, the June
Pacific Commodore Expo in Seattle, the tentative Amiga 35th show for the Bay
Area, and the Downtown Los Angeles Maker Faire which is expanding to 2 days
this year!

In software we'll look at the only side-scrolling game for the Commodore 128 in
80-column mode, Cloneimals, the original being released years ago and now the
improved 2020 version being released a few days ago! Also we have the winner
of the C128 80-
column coding competition, BucketWars! For the C64/128 we look at 1541
Ultimate II and the 1541 Ultimate II+ cartridges. Also for the C64, we have
another look at the FCUG New Members' Disk and the new Shoot'Em Up Construction
Kit game, Spearhead. In
classic Amiga business, we look at the Amiga 3000 which has been upgraded to
the latest WHDLoad and with more games installed into it, courtesy of Duncan M.
of The Other Group of Amigoids in San Jose. I'll show how I've been
translating the German
Pagefox manual into English with the use of the A.L.I.C.E. laptop. (As of
today, 33% of the 69 pages translated!Wink

After the meeting, Bernardo Studios opens, and we'll be filming Roger's CAD
presentation for CLASS.

Truly,
Robert Bernardo
Fresno Commodore User Group - http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm

---
* Origin: rbb soupgate, the fidonet nntp junction (2:221/1.10)