Fidonet Portal

From: August Abolins (2:333/808.7)
To: All
Date: Sat, 31.10.20 01:56
ender's game, books
Hi Kurt!

30 Oct 20 07:15, you wrote to me:

AA>> How far is it into the book when that phrase is used? I never
AA>> finished the book.

KW> Fairly early on, while they're in Battle School. I think it was
KW> against a team where they surrounded one of their teammates so he
KW> wouldn't be immobilized, then "dropped" to the enemy's gate.

Your initial post and the phrase from the story driggered my curiosity of the
film. The film seemed a bit rushed or incomplete in certain parts. Now I'm
curious to fill in the gaps with the books.

KW> I never read the sequels, I should consider it.

I did not realize that Card wrote 6 prequels (2 trilogies) to Ender's Game
several years later. It's like he's creating something similar to the
"trilogies" in the Star Wars saga.

--- GoldED+/W32-MINGW 1.1.5-b20180707
* Origin: ----> Point Of VeleNo BBs (http://www.velenobbs.netWink (2:333/808.7)

From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: All
Date: Sat, 31.10.20 08:33
Re: ender's game, books
-=> August Abolins wrote to Kurt Weiske <=-

AA> I did not realize that Card wrote 6 prequels (2 trilogies) to Ender's
AA> Game several years later. It's like he's creating something similar to
AA> the "trilogies" in the Star Wars saga.

I'm back to re-reading the Foundation series. It's been years,
apparently one of the media streaming channels is doing a series
about it.

... The exception also declares the rule
--- MultiMail/XT v0.52
* Origin: http://realitycheckbbs.org | tomorrow's retro tech (1:218/700)

From: Dan Clough (1:123/115)
To: All
Date: Sat, 26.12.20 16:38
Re: ender's game, books
-=> August Abolins wrote to Kurt Weiske <=-

KW> I'm back to re-reading the Foundation series. It's been
KW> years, apparently one of the media streaming channels is
KW> doing a series about it.

AA> The tv series looks interesting. It's probably something I would
AA> watch, and THEN dig through the books to get the "full" story.

No, no, no!

Always better to read the books first!

... "42? 7 and a half million years and all you can come up with is 42?!"
=== MultiMail/Linux v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: Palantir * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL * (1:123/115)