Fidonet Portal

From: Michiel van der Vlist (2:280/5555)
To: All
Date: Tue, 12.06.07 12:05
sun position program
Hello Miles!

On Tuesday June 12 2007 12:36, you wrote to David Williams:

MM> The local supermarket put on its shelves some "organic sea salt"
MM> carrying on its label such claims as `certified organic',
MM> `unrefined', `unbleached', `chemical free'.

Several years ago, here in the local supermarket, there was this young girl
trying to market a "new" product: "biological soup". She claimed pure rock salt
was used in its preparation. So I queried her about the "pureness" of the rock
salt. Unrefined, nothing added, nothing removed, pure from mother nature she
said.

So, all the heavy metals are still there? Certainly sir, all heavy metals are
preserved.. ;-)

MM> It cost $NZ5.23 for 200g - all of which I'd take with a 200g pinch of
MM> iodised sodium chloride priced at 20 cents from an adjacent shelf...

MM> A close-by section was offering bottled `organic water' at some
MM> $NZ4 a litre (that's compared with petrol at $NZ1.54 or tapwater
MM> costing $NZ0.00129 per litre).

Mundus decipi vult...

Cheers, Michiel

--- GoldED+/W32-MSVC 1.1.5-b20060315