Fidonet Portal

From: Rj Clay (1:120/419)
To: All
Date: Tue, 11.12.12 12:36
MakeNL SF Project Changes
Hi All!

Received a notification from SourceForge advising that they will be
retiring their old project code in the first quarter of next year and that all
projects should be migrated to their new project code if that hasn't already
been done. I hadn't done that yet for MakeNL because there had been an issue
with their migration process where they couldn't handle the migration of CVS
repositories; that has apparently been resolved, though I'll be checking with
them about it to be sure.

Now that we have v3.3.0 out, I think this is something that should be
completed sooner rather than later.

Jame

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5--b20111217
* Origin: RJC eeePC (1:120/419)

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464.112)
To: All
Date: Wed, 12.12.12 14:39
Re: MakeNL SF Project Changes
Hi Rj,

On 11 Dec 12 11:36, Rj Clay wrote to All:
about: "MakeNL SF Project Changes":

RC> Now that we have v3.3.0 out, I think this is something that should be
RC> completed sooner rather than later.

And while you are at it, what about converting to git?

http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/ticket/22146

Wilfred.

--- FMail-W32-1.64-B20111120
* Origin: point@work (2:280/464.112)

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464)
To: All
Date: Sat, 15.12.12 14:09

On 2012-12-14 10:12:02, Rj Clay wrote to Wilfred van Velzen:
about: "MakeNL SF Project Changes":

RC>>> Now that we have v3.3.0 out, I think this is something that
RC>>> should be completed sooner rather than later.

WV>> And while you are at it, what about converting to git?

RC> As has already been mentioned here in the echo; a GIT code repository
RC> is also going to be available, along with the CVS repository.

Let's say I am impatient. ;)

RC> I've already had a local mirror I've been using but I want to redo it
RC> before making it public.

Wouldn't it be hard to keep them in sync?

Bye, Wilfred.

--- FMail-W32-1.64-B20111120
* Origin: Amiga Offline BBS Lisse (2:280/464)

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464.112)
To: All
Date: Mon, 17.12.12 14:24

On 16 Dec 12 13:46, Rj Clay wrote to Wilfred van Velzen:
about: "MakeNL SF Project Changes":

RC>>> I've already had a local mirror I've been using but I want to
RC>>> redo it before making it public.

WV>> Wouldn't it be hard to keep them in sync?

RC> Which "them"?

The cvs and git repos.

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464.112)
To: All
Date: Tue, 18.12.12 15:20
Re: MakeNL SF Project Changes
Hi mark,

On 17 Dec 12 13:47, mark lewis wrote to Wilfred van Velzen:
about: "MakeNL SF Project Changes":

RC>> I've already had a local mirror I've been using but I want to redo it
RC>> before making it public.

WvV>> Wouldn't it be hard to keep them in sync?

ml> it shouldn't be... i have a friend in south africa who maintains a local
ml> GIT mirror of the freepascal and lazarus repositories... he seems to have
ml> a pretty simple script to make the pulls and updates from cvs or svn that
ml> the fpc and lazarus guys use...

Is the git repo readonly? Or does he also push the changes in git back to the
cvs (or svn) repos?

I only have a bit experience with (tortoise) git updating to and from a svn
repo. And that was a bit "fussie"... But the project in the svn repo was very
big with lots of branches.