Fidonet Portal

From: Maurice Kinal (2:280/464.113)
To: All
Date: Tue, 20.10.20 19:46
keeping in touch
Hallo Benny!

BP> life is good without the fake news from usa, lets hope corona
BP> stop it

Last time I checked, news is still news, fake or otherwise. BTW which is the
fake news and how do you tell the difference?

BP> i have now 6 months free amazon prime, dont know if i keep it Smile

If you're talking about the streaming part then I wouldn't bother with it.
Same with netflix (I hear they may be going out of business) and the rest. A
total waste of money and bandwidth. I used to like streaming audio from CBC
Radio One but they switched their service and now I can no longer use
commandline mplayer|mpg123 so that is no longer doable. Oh well.

Anyhow streaming can and does work in linux although in most cases it isn't
worth it. The more reliable methods are falling by the wayside.

Speaking of graphics, I saw six penguins on bootup on the new box yesterday ->
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz

-={ ye olde cut n' paste of 'cat /proc/version' starts }=-
Linux version 5.9.1 (root@bitskii) (gcc (GCC) 10.2.0, GNU ld (GNU Binutils)
2.35.1) #1 SMP Tue Oct 20 03:54:54 UTC 2020
-={ ye olde cut n' paste of 'cat /proc/version' ends }=-

I haven't tested mplayer on the console yet but plan to sometime later today.
If that works then I plan to create an nvme root/boot of it.

Starting to take shape ... again.

Het leven is goed,
Maurice

... Huil niet om mij, ik heb vi.
--- GNU bash, version 5.0.18(1)-release (x86_64-silvermont-linux-gnu)
* Origin: Little Mikey's EuroPoint - Ladysmith BC, Canada (2:280/464.113)