Fidonet Portal

From: Andrew Alt (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Mon, 19.10.20 01:39
keeping in touch
-=> Maurice Kinal wrote to Andrew Alt <=-

MK> Hallo Andrew!

MK> Good to hear. I don't have cataracts but my vision started going south
MK> in my late 40's. Before that I had 20/20 vision in both eyes, as well
MK> as excellent peripheral and night vision. The peripheral vision is
MK> still good but everything else is nowhere as good as it used to be.
MK> Mind you I could say the same about everything as time goes by.

I've been wearing glasses for distance since I was 11 or 12 (47 now).

Left eye was done on Friday. All good. I can see fine without glasses now, but
not
20/20. Quite a change from my previous life. ;)

AA> I got some OTC reading glasses

MK> I can relate. Also I am using kbd's LatGrkCyr-12x22 consolefont so I
MK> can read these msgs without glasses. Works like a charm. Everything
MK> else I definetly need glasses. :::sigh:::

I use xfce-terminal with monospace regular 16. Though I could probably decrease

that now if I wanted to.

AA> How are things on your end?

MK> At the moment I am doing okay all things considered. However some
MK> extra cash for an epyc server wouldn't hurt my feelings any. I see a
MK> supermicro one that has caught my eye but my bank account says it is a
MK> no-go. Stinkin' banks.

Banks are great because they feed satirists, and writers on SNL. 2008 and 2009
was
a great year ;) (I've been watching a lot of SNL reruns during the pandemic)

MK> Het leven is goed,

Das Leben ist gut.

--
-Andy

... Computer Hacker wanted. Must have own axe.
-+- MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)