Fidonet Portal

From: Charles Pierson (2:221/6.21)
To: All
Date: Sat, 17.10.20 12:59
it helps prevent migraine
Hello, August Abolins.
On 10/17/20 5:37 PM you wrote:

AA> On 15/10/2020 9:39 p.m., Daryl Stout : August Abolins wrote:
DS>> I try to avoid the caffeine, but have noticed it helps prevent
AA> migraine
DS>> headaches.
AA> Might be better to investigate the cause of the headache rather
AA> than mask it.

"But caffeine is recognized to help alleviate migraines.
Before a headache or migraine, blood vessels tend to enlarge, but caffeine has
vasoconstrictive properties that cause the blood vessels to narrow and
restrict blood flow, which can aid in head pain relief."

There is a small chance of "coffee rebound" causing additional head aches, but
it's usually pretty small chance, as long as you don't overdo the coffee.
https://headaches.org/2019/02/24/does-caffeine-trigger-or-treat-headaches/

--
Best regards!
Posted using Hotdoged on Android