Fidonet Portal

From: Kees van Eeten (2:280/5003.4)
To: All
Date: Thu, 27.03.14 14:17
AllowUnbub
Hello All!

I have a small overview on the progress that is make on the implementation
of AllowUnpub in Makenl.

Source Total Z1 Z2 Z3 Z4
Daily Z1 429 206 214 9 0
Daily Z2 428 206 213 9 0
Daily Z3 858 285 551 9 13
Daily All Zones 428 206 213 9 0
Daily fakelist 845 270 552 10 13

The numbers are the number of Nodelist entries that benefitted from the
introduction of the AllowUnbub option.

Different nodelist are used as source.
Daily Z1 the Nodelist as daily produced by ZC1
Daily Z2 the Nodelist as daily produced by ZC2
Daily Z3 the weely Nodelist by ZC3 augmented with the daily Zonesegment.
Daily All zones, a compilation of most recent zone segments.
The Z1 segment was derived from the Z1 Daily, the Z2 segment from the Z2
daily, the daily Z3 segment and the weekly Z4 segment.

Daily fakelist is a local mutation of the daily Z2 nodelist. An algorithm
is used to convert all relevant nodelist entries to -Unpublished-, in
a similar way as it is done for the Z3 nodelist.

The Z3 list estimates, that the ultimate result can be 858 nodes, my way
of converting estimates 845

Either way we have crossed the 50% mark.

The valules derived from the Z1 and Z2 daily differ slightly, as bot use
the others wednesday Zone update.

Kees

--- FPD v2.9.040207 GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5
* Origin: As for me, all I know is that, I know nothing. (2:280/5003.4)

From: Ward Dossche (2:292/854)
To: All
Date: Thu, 27.03.14 22:37
Re: AllowUnbub
Kees,

Kv> The valules derived from the Z1 and Z2 daily differ slightly, as bot use
Kv> the others wednesday Zone update.

A slight comment.

I use the last ZONEx-segment received, it doesn't have to be the one from
Wednesday.

My assumption is my colleagues do exactly the same thing.

\%/@rd

--- D'Bridge 3.99
* Origin: Many Glacier / Protect - Preserve - Conserve (2:292/854)