Fidonet Portal

From: Andrew Leary (1:320/119)
To: All
Date: Mon, 30.12.13 18:26
MakeNL v3.4.1 Release
Hello Michiel!

Monday December 30 2013 13:41, Michiel van der Vlist wrote to Ward Dossche:

Mv>>> The only sure way to prevent accidents with older POTS/ISDN
Mv>>> mailers is to only use "-Unpublished-" for numbers that must
Mv>>> mnever be dialed.

WD>> The only certain way is to not have these entries there in the
WD>> first place.

MvdV> Are you suggesting I remove all IONs from the R28 nodelist segment?

At this point, if Internet Only Nodes were removed from the nodelist, there
would be very little left of FidoNet, especially considering that some of the
PSTN numbers that remain are supported by MagicJack or similar VOIP devices,
and thus will lose all connectivity in the event of an Internet service
provider outage.

Regards,

Andrew

---
* Origin: Bits & Bytes BBS * V.Everything! * 860/535-4284 (1:320/119)