Fidonet Portal

From: Maurice Kinal (2:280/464.113)
To: All
Date: Thu, 15.10.20 02:38
keeping in touch
Hallo Andrew!

MK>> senior's moments are noticeably on the increase. :-/

AA> Ah.. Benjamin Button's syndrome? ;)

Heh, heh. Without knowing for sure I believe I am more or less average for my
age regarding frequency of senior's moments ... and yes I am officially in the
realm of seniors (65 and over).

AA> I had cataract surgery in my right eye on Oct 2 and my left is
AA> scheduled for the 16th. Surgery went well, very smooth, no
AA> problems. My distance vision in my right eye is darn near perfect.

Good to hear. I don't have cataracts but my vision started going south in my
late 40's. Before that I had 20/20 vision in both eyes, as well as excellent
peripheral and night vision. The peripheral vision is still good but
everything else is nowhere as good as it used to be. Mind you I could say the
same about everything as time goes by.

AA> I got some OTC reading glasses

I can relate. Also I am using kbd's LatGrkCyr-12x22 consolefont so I can read
these msgs without glasses. Works like a charm. Everything else I definetly
need glasses. :::sigh:::

AA> How are things on your end?

At the moment I am doing okay all things considered. However some extra cash
for an epyc server wouldn't hurt my feelings any. I see a supermicro one that
has caught my eye but my bank account says it is a no-go. Stinkin' banks.

Het leven is goed,
Maurice

... Huil niet om mij, ik heb vi.
--- GNU bash, version 5.0.18(1)-release (x86_64-silvermont-linux-gnu)
* Origin: Little Mikey's EuroPoint - Ladysmith BC, Canada (2:280/464.113)