Fidonet Portal

From: Ken Johnson (1:218/720)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 07.02.19 08:27
Registration
TS> Hi Ken,

TS> Damn shame that THE BEST file processor is now
TS> crippleware. Can't
TS> imagine wrting 70,000 lines of code and losing it to
TS> antiquity. I and
TS> many others still find v5.13 for DOS relevant. I would
TS> dearly love to
TS> get a regged copy.
Version 6.1 is now on the website. It does not require a key. There may still
be some bugs that I haven't found yet, but please report then if you do find
then and I can get them knocked out as quick as I can.

TS> So if there is no chance of creating registrations for
TS> v5.13, would you
TS> grant permission to "SHARE" a registartion with someone
TS> who has one?
TS> Or is there yet still a possibility of getting the source
TS> code and
TS> generating a key?
I have found the code for the keys, and I have compiled then. When I tested
them on my system Allfix would complain that they are invalid.

The issue with sharing keys is the key is also tied to the sysop name.

TS> Thanks Ken!

Thanks
Ken

--- Allfix 6.1.0b
* Origin: Rail City BBS -=- Cold Springs, NV -=- Home of ALLFIX (1:218/720)