Fidonet Portal

From: Michiel van der Vlist (2:280/5555)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 22.01.19 12:40
Case of .*LO files?
Hello Kurt,

On Tuesday January 15 2019 08:46, you wrote to All:

KW> I recently switched mailers from Radius to Binkit, and noticed that my
KW> mailer is not recognizing the .*lo files created by Allfix. Allfix is
KW> creating files with uppercase alpha characters, but according to the
KW> spec:

KW> According to http://ftsc.org/docs/frl-1034.001:

The frl* documents are NOt standards. "frl" stands for Fidonet Reference
Library". The library consists mainly of proposals that for some reason did NOT
make it into standards.

The relevant standard is FTS.5003.003

http://ftsc.org/docs/fts-5005.003

=== quote ===

Filename case sensitivity - the case of the BSO filenames depends on
the OS file system. Lower case filenames are prefered if supported
by the file system. If the OS file system supports lower and upper
case filenames, the software should be able to handle both for
maximum compatibility. That behaviour might be controlled by a
configuration option.

=== end quote ===

KW> Is there a way to force Allfix to use lower-case characters in .*lo
KW> file names?

There isn't. But you should address the author of Binkit. That is the one not
honouring the standard. "the software should be able to handle both for maximum
compatibility."

Cheers, Michiel

--- GoldED+/W32-MSVC 1.1.5-b20170303
* Origin: http://www.vlist.eu (2:280/5555)