Fidonet Portal

From: Daryl Stout (1:19/33)
To: All
Date: Sat, 10.03.12 20:34
Ham Radio And Weather
Janis,

JK>hehe.. I think I will. Smile It could be neat thing. When I mentioned the ide
>a new kind of hobby to Ron, first he said, "If it mows the lawn and takes ou
>the garbage, I'm game" Lol.. he's such a wise ass Lol.. but tonight he asked
>to inquire just what it would involve equipment-wise, and otherwise... We'l
>check that out and go from there. rut ro.. janis on the air? Smile

With a Technician Class license, you can use the Voice Over Internet
Protocol mode of Echolink, and you don't need a radio, antennas, etc.
Just an internet connection (preferably DSL or high speed), a sound
card, and either a headset mic, or a desktop mic and speakers. And, you
can still talk to other ham radio operators around the world. It's a
great thing for those like myself living in a place with antenna
restrictions.

And, you can have your callsign in 1 to 2 weeks after you pass the
exam.

Daryl

---

--- Virtual Advanced Ver 2 for DOS