Fidonet Portal

From: Richard Webb (1:116/901)
To: All
Date: Fri, 09.03.12 22:51
Ham Radio And Weather
Hi Janis,

On Fri 2012-Mar-09 12:09, Janis Kracht (1:261/38) wrote to Richard Webb:

>> Maybe Janis will be encouraged to get a Ham License for Herself
>> because of Your and Daryl and Mike etc. talking about Amateur Radio.

> I would encourage that. ron might find it useful
> interesting and fun too. LIke bbsing ham radio is another
> one of those things the whole family can enjoy and find
> useful.

JK> It would be a whole new world for the two of us, that's for sure.

YEs, it sure would. I'm sure both of you are technically
astute enough it wouldn't take you long to bone up for the
test. Check out sample tests on qrz.com and I'll bet you
except for some of the rules and regs you could already
answer a good number of the questions for the tech or
general correctly.

Regards,
Richard
---