Fidonet Portal

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: All
Date: Fri, 09.03.12 12:39
Ham Radio And Weather
Hi Ed,

Hope all is doing well over there Smile

>> First, maybe we should move this to a ham radio related
>> echo. Pick your weapon as they say.

> Big Clip

>> Sounds good. IF you want to take this discussion to a more
>> appropriate area pick your poison. iF it's ham radio
>> related I carry it.

> Richard,

> Maybe Janis will be encouraged to get a Ham License for Herself because
> of Your and Daryl and Mike etc. talking about Amateur Radio.

I sure don't mind their discussion here of Ham Radio - but they might be able
to get more responses to their messages in a radio area .

As far as a Ham License, hmm.. I did consider it once long ago.. there was a
point very early in development of the FileGate file distribution when we were
actually considering moving files via ham radio. We tried working with that
idea for a while when some folks contacted us with such a request because on
some islands that was the only method of contact.

Take care,
Janis

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)