Fidonet Portal

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 26.09.20 17:54
BBBS TIC Files
Hello Dan,

> Just wondering if it is a known issue with BBBS to send TIC files without the
> 'Size' line. It seems that every one that comes through is missing it.

Not all tic processors add a "Size" line. BBBS doesn't and I don't think Allfix
or the original "tic" or "flea" does either.

> Curious to see if it was an overlooked setting, or a possible bug the crept
> in. Smile

It's not a bug, it's by design. BBBS is designed to be simple and efficient.

Is the lack of a "Size" line creating a problem for you? It would be easy
enough to add a "Size" line to tic files but there would need to be some kind
of a reason to do so.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4