Fidonet Portal

From: Dan Richter (1:317/3)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 26.09.20 14:33
BBBS TIC Files
Hi All,

Just wondering if it is a known issue with BBBS to send TIC files without the
'Size' line. It seems that every one that comes through is missing it.

Curious to see if it was an overlooked setting, or a possible bug the crept
in. Smile

---

Black Panther(RCS)
aka Dan Richter
Castle Rock BBS
telnet://bbs.castlerockbbs.com
http://www.castlerockbbs.com
http://github.com/DRPanther
The sparrows are flying again...

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/25 (Linux/64)
* Origin: Castle Rock BBS - bbs.castlerockbbs.com (1:317/3)

From: Dan Richter (1:317/3)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 26.09.20 22:39
Re: BBBS TIC Files
On 26 Sep 2020, Alan Ianson said the following...

AI> Not all tic processors add a "Size" line. BBBS doesn't and I don't think
AI> Allfix or the original "tic" or "flea" does either.

Actually Allfix does include the size in the tic file.

AI> Is the lack of a "Size" line creating a problem for you? It would be easy
AI> enough to add a "Size" line to tic files but there would need to be some
AI> kind of a reason to do so.

It's not a huge issue. The program that I wrote to announce new files, pulls
it's information from the tic files. When the tic doesn't have a size in it,
all of the files show up as '0 bytes'. :/

---

From: Alan Ianson (1:153/757.2)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 29.09.20 16:14
Re: BBBS TIC Files
> Actually Allfix does include the size in the tic file.

In years past I was getting tic's from allfix with no size in them. I don't
know if that is still the case.

>> Is the lack of a "Size" line creating a problem for you? It would be easy
>> enough to add a "Size" line to tic files but there would need to be some
>> kind of a reason to do so.

> It's not a huge issue. The program that I wrote to announce new files, pulls
> it's information from the tic files. When the tic doesn't have a size in it,
> all of the files show up as '0 bytes'. :/

In a case like this it would be handy. Smile

I have been meaning to netmail Kim so when I do I'll ask him to consider adding
a size line to tic files. I don't know if he'll do that but I'll put it on the
table anyway.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-4

From: Dan Richter (1:317/3)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 29.09.20 17:33
Re: BBBS TIC Files
On 29 Sep 2020, Alan Ianson said the following...

AI> In years past I was getting tic's from allfix with no size in them. I
AI> don't know if that is still the case.

I'm getting them from Nick, who uses Allfix, and they do contain the size.
I'd have to look to see which version.

AI> In a case like this it would be handy. Smile

It would be handy to have. Smile

AI> I have been meaning to netmail Kim so when I do I'll ask him to consider
AI> adding a size line to tic files. I don't know if he'll do that but I'll
AI> put it on the table anyway.

I would appreciate it. I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to add
into the tic file, but without seeing the code, I can't say.

Thank you! Smile

---