Fidonet Portal

From: Daryl Stout (1:19/33)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 23.09.20 08:59
the late Red Skelton note
August,

DS> Years ago, the late Red Skelton noted "At the gas
DS> stations, the cash box is in the open, but they lock
DS> the restrooms". <G>

AA> Yeah... sounds hilarious at first. But when you think about
AA> it, it makes sense. An employee can keep an eye on the cash
AA> register. But the station washrooms are often out of sight.

Plus, a lot of young people make them "their love nests". Razz

AA> I enjoyed most the Red Skelton shows when the TV signal was
AA> good. That sure was a l-o-n-g time ago!

The only "dirty word" I ever heard him use was the same one
that Clark Gable used in "Gone With The Wind" over 80 years ago.
He fought long and hard with the Motion Picture Association Of
America, as they wouldn't let him say "Damn"...and I think he
threatened to quit the movie.

Now, that's so commonplace, it's pathetic.

Daryl

... "Never have children, only grandchildren." -Gore Vidal
=== MultiMail/Win v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
* Origin: The Thunderbolt BBS - tbolt.synchro.net (1:19/33)

From: Jay Harris (1:229/664)
To: n/a
Date: Fri, 25.09.20 13:10
Re: the late Red Skelton note
On 23 Sep 2020, Daryl Stout said the following...

DS> The only "dirty word" I ever heard him use was the same one
DS> that Clark Gable used in "Gone With The Wind" over 80 years ago.
DS>
DS> they wouldn't let him say "Damn"...and I think he threatened to quit the
DS> movie.
DS>
DS> Now, that's so commonplace, it's pathetic.

I'm surprised how often I hear the word "Bitch" on TV now. Not just "late
night" TV either, just regular prime time.

Not that I think it's a bad word or anything, but when I think back to when I
was younger, it was never something you heard on TV at all. Usually just
movies.

Jay

... The past, the present, and the future walk into a bar. It was tense.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Raspberry Pi/32)
* Origin: Northern Realms (1:229/664)