Fidonet Portal

From: Richard Menedetter (2:310/31)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 03.10.18 21:58
Amiga
Hi Sioux!

28 Jul 2016 17:26, from Sioux -> All:

Si> More people out there?

Yes

Si> I just hooked up my old A2000 again and played some games on it. Great
Si> Smile

I should fire up my a1200 again soon ;)

CU, Ricsi

... Murphy's Paradox: Doing it the hard way is easier in the end.
--- GoldED+/LNX
* Origin: Daddy, why doesn't this magnet pick up this disk? (2:310/31)

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 16.11.19 11:48
Re: Amiga
Hi Strahinja,

On 2019-11-16 10:00:07, you wrote to Sioux:

SI>> This area is alive Smile More people out there? I just hooked up my old
SI>> A2000 again and played some games on it. Great Smile

SB> More or less alive Smile I got Amiga last year after 25 years without
SB> Amiga and started programming again and I dont spend too much
SB> time with my family anymore Smile

Your replying to an old message from 2007 that got posted again... "sioux" has
left fidonet a long time ago.

Bye, Wilfred.

--- FMail-lnx64 2.1.0.18-B20170815
* Origin: FMail development HQ (2:280/464)

From: Gary McCulloch (1:154/50)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 16.11.19 18:36
Re: Amiga
On Sat 16-Nov-2019 10:00a, Strahinja Bojovic@2:382/147.0 said to Sioux:
SB> More or less alive Smile I got Amiga last year after 25 years without
SB> Amiga and started programming again and I dont spend too much
SB> time with my family anymore Smile

Glad you are back on the Amiga. Sorry to hear about the family! ;)

/ JoinLink - AmigaNet - ArakNet - C=Net - FidoNet - RetroNet.
/ Multi-Terminal Support: ANSI Ascii & Skypix! 40/80 Columns.
--- CNet/5
* Origin: Reign of Fire: rofbbs.cnetbbs.net:2300 * (931)494-9100 (1:154/50)

From: Strahinja Bojovic (2:382/147)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 17.11.19 10:10
Re: Amiga
WVV> SI>> This area is alive Smile More people out there? I just hooked up my old
WVV> SI>> A2000 again and played some games on it. Great Smile

WVV> SB> More or less alive Smile I got Amiga last year after 25 years without
WVV> SB> Amiga and started programming again and I dont spend too much
WVV> SB> time with my family anymore Smile

WVV>Your replying to an old message from 2007 that got posted again... "sioux"
WVV>has left fidonet a long time ago.

SmileWinkWink Sorry.

* SLMR 2.1a # BBS * On a clear disk you can seek forever

--- WILDMAIL!/WC v4.12
* Origin: * VORTEX BBS * Serbia * vortex.redirectme.net:3777 (2:382/147.0)

From: Strahinja Bojovic (2:382/147)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 17.11.19 10:10
Re: Amiga
GM>On Sat 16-Nov-2019 10:00a, Strahinja Bojovic@2:382/147.0 said to Sioux:
GM>SB> More or less alive Smile I got Amiga last year after 25 years without
GM>SB> Amiga and started programming again and I dont spend too much
GM>SB> time with my family anymore Smile

GM> Glad you are back on the Amiga. Sorry to hear about the family! ;)

When I'am happy they are happy. So...;) It is something that wife
can not mess with, but once I tryed to explain her but I think
that she was thinking about what to cook that day ;) Actualy, she
asked me if I can get some money for some little program that I made
Smile After that I got more that 250 downloads of that program on
Aminet and I was pissed couse I didnt ask for donation of 1 euro.
That would almost cover costs of buying Amiga 1200. Sht! Smile

* SLMR 2.1a # BBS * Ti nisi fasista. Ti si klero-fasista. - Glide

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464)
To: n/a
Date: Fri, 29.11.19 19:15
Re: Amiga
Hi Richard,

On 2019-11-29 17:36:10, you wrote to Sioux:

Si>> This area is alive Smile More people out there?

RM> It seems like it ;)

See my message to Strahinja,,,

From: Mickey (1:249/307.1)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 30.11.19 18:16
Re: Amiga
On Sat 30-Nov-2019 5:55p, Richard Menedetter@2:310/31.0 said to Wilfred Van
Velzen:

RM> Hi Wilfred!

RM> 29 Nov 2019 18:15, from Wilfred van Velzen -> Richard Menedetter:

RM> RM>> It seems like it ;)
RM> WV> See my message to Strahinja,,,

RM> I have seen it later ....
RM> Nevermind at least some traffic ;)Wink

Something is than no thing. Smile

----------------
| Mick Manning |
----------------
--- CNet/5
* Origin: Central Ontario Remote CNet (1:249/307.1)

From: Charles Stephenson (1:226/16)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 30.11.19 08:56
RE: Amiga
On Nov 17th 3:46 am Strahinja Bojovic said...
SB> SI>A2000 again and played some games on it. Great Smile
SB>
SB> More or less alive Smile I got Amiga last year after 25 years without
SB> Amiga and started programming again and I dont spend too much
SB> time with my family anymore Smile

I'd personally would trade 3/4th's of my family for a reall fully-loaded A4000!
Hmm..maybe I'll ask Santa??

--- ENiGMA 1/2 v0.0.10-alpha (linux; x64; 10.15.2)
* Origin: The Amiga Frontier BBS |frontierbbs.net:8888| OH (1:226/16)

From: Strahinja Bojovic (2:382/147)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 07.12.19 18:42
RE: Amiga
CS>On Nov 17th 3:46 am Strahinja Bojovic said...
CS> SB> SI>A2000 again and played some games on it. Great Smile
CS> SB>
CS> SB> More or less alive Smile I got Amiga last year after 25 years without
CS> SB> Amiga and started programming again and I dont spend too much
CS> SB> time with my family anymore Smile

CS>I'd personally would trade 3/4th's of my family for a reall fully-loaded
CS>A4000! Hmm..maybe I'll ask Santa??

Smile I think that Santa doesn't have familiy so... ;)

* SLMR 2.1a # BBS * --T-A+G-L-I+N-E--+M-E-A+S-U-R+I-N-G+--G-A+U-G-E--

From: Charles Stephenson (1:226/16)
To: n/a
Date: Mon, 09.12.19 00:17
RE: Amiga
On Dec 8th 9:01 am Strahinja Bojovic said...
SB> fully-loaded CS>A4000! Hmm..maybe I'll ask Santa??
SB>
SB> Smile I think that Santa doesn't have familiy so... ;)

LOL!!

If he had an Amiga, almost better than having a family! Smile

From: Charles Stephenson (1:226/17)
To: n/a
Date: Mon, 20.04.20 22:20
RE: Amiga
Re: RE: Amiga
By: Strahinja Bojovic to Charles Stephenson on Sat Dec 07 2019 05:42 pm

CS>>I'd personally would trade 3/4th's of my family for a reall
CS>>fully-loaded A4000! Hmm..maybe I'll ask Santa??

SB> Smile I think that Santa doesn't have familiy so... ;)

See, that would mean Santa and me would BOTH be satisfied! Very Happy
--- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
* Origin: The New Frontier ][ BBS [frontierbbs.net:23] - OH (1:226/17)

From: Joacim Melin (2:221/242)
To: n/a
Date: Mon, 11.05.20 22:58
Re: amiga
p> I am kind of interested in playing with an Amiga. What would be good
p> still
p> usable hardware that would work on the internet?

Go for the A1200. Tons of options for expansions and enhancements and it's
fairly easy to get it connected to a network.

--- NiKom v2.5.0
* Origin: Delta City (deltacity.se, Vallentuna, Sweden) (2:221/242.0)

From: Don Lowery (1:340/1000)
To: n/a
Date: Mon, 11.05.20 21:13
Re: amiga
JM> Go for the A1200. Tons of options for expansions and enhancements and
JM> it's fairly easy to get it connected to a network.

Nice system! Hate it that the prices have shot up to the moon. On the other
hand...if anyone can't find any Amiga hardware...there's always WinUAE or
Amiga Forever. Want bare metal...there's always a RPi 4 with 2 GB with
Amibian which will make you seem to be running a real Amiga.

ACME BBS-Member of fsxNet/WWIVNet/SciNet/AmigaNet/VKRadio/FidoNet/MicroNet.

* Origin: ACME BBS-W.Coyote & D.Brown are our best users. (1:340/1000)

From: poison (1:229/424)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 12.05.20 00:30
Re: amiga
Ok thanks for the information!

-=> Joacim Melin wrote to poison I am kind of interested in playing with an Amiga. What would be good
p> still
p> usable hardware that would work on the internet?

JM> Go for the A1200. Tons of options for expansions and enhancements and
JM> it's fairly easy to get it connected to a network.

JM> --- NiKom v2.5.0
JM> * Origin: Delta City (deltacity.se, Vallentuna, Sweden) (2:221/242.0)

... Computer Hacker wanted. Must have own axe.
--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
* Origin: bbs.memphistw.org (1:229/424)

From: Gary McCulloch (1:154/50)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 12.05.20 09:58
Re: Amiga
I feel ya on the prices these days. For what I use, WinUAE does the
job. If I spent the money for what I am emulated, I can buy a new car with the
same amount.

-Spitfire Inc presents 3 Unique Systems...

Reign of Fire rof.cnetbbs.net:2300 C-Net Amiga Pro BETA System.
Reign of Fire II rof.cnet64.com:6400 C-Net DS-2 BETA System.
Reign of Fire Vice rof.cnet64.com:6502 C-Net DS-2 on Windows 10!

* ACIS Member. AmigaNet ArakNet C=Net FidoNet RetroNet SciNet
* C-Net/5
* Origin: rof.cnetbbs.net:2300 * rof.cnet64.com:6400 (1:154/50)

From: Joacim Melin (2:221/242)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 12.05.20 17:34
Re: amiga
JM>> Go for the A1200. Tons of options for expansions and enhancements and
JM>> it's fairly easy to get it connected to a network.

DL> Nice system! Hate it that the prices have shot up to the moon. On the
DL> other
DL> hand...if anyone can't find any Amiga hardware...there's always
DL> WinUAE or
DL> Amiga Forever. Want bare metal...there's always a RPi 4 with 2 GB
DL> with
DL> Amibian which will make you seem to be running a real Amiga.

I also prefer running on real hardware. There are just too many compromises
when running a emulated Amiga and also I want the feeling of the Amiga
platform, collecting and running those old peripherals that I never could
afford as a kid and so on.

From: Joacim Melin (2:221/242)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 12.05.20 17:34
Re: amiga
RM> Hi poison!

RM> 11 May 2020 10:15, from poison -> All:

po>> I am kind of interested in playing with an Amiga. What would be good
po>> still usable hardware that would work on the internet?

RM> I have an Amiga 1200 that I connected to the Internet once.
RM> It has IDE and PCMCIA connectors.

RM> I used telnet and ftp on it.

RM> You can use wired Ethernet and WiFi PCMCIA cards.
RM> You need to have a driver for them.
RM> There are some supported Ethernet cards and 1 or 2 WiFi cards.

RM> I think I used a Lucent WiFi card with an OPEN network.
RM> (I think in the meantime one of the drivers support WPA ???Wink

I've only used wired cards. There are actually many PCMCIA cards to choose from
and many of the 3Com cards from the time works (and Farallon which was based on
3com:s chipset). If nothing else you can always buy a card for like 30 euros
(or dollars) complete with the software needed to get going.

If you go for an older Amiga you can get a ethernet or wifi card for the A2000
(X-Surf-100,
https://icomp.de/shop-icomp/en/shop/product/x-surf-100.html) or the PlipBix for
the A500 or any other Amiga
(http://amigaonthelake.com/amiga-plipbox-parallel-port-ethernet-adapter/).
The Plipbox is _slow_ but it will at least get you connected to a network and
allow you to transfer files via FTP. NFS or SMB is not recommended for that.

From: poison (1:229/424)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 12.05.20 18:34
Re: amiga
I think I agree as I have the Amiga forever emulator and its decent but there
is something about have actual hardware.
-=> Joacim Melin wrote to Don Lowery > Go for the A1200. Tons of options for expansions and enhancements and
JM>> it's fairly easy to get it connected to a network.

DL> Nice system! Hate it that the prices have shot up to the moon. On the
DL> other
DL> hand...if anyone can't find any Amiga hardware...there's always
DL> WinUAE or
DL> Amiga Forever. Want bare metal...there's always a RPi 4 with 2 GB
DL> with
DL> Amibian which will make you seem to be running a real Amiga.

JM> I also prefer running on real hardware. There are just too many
JM> compromises when running a emulated Amiga and also I want the feeling
JM> of the Amiga platform, collecting and running those old peripherals
JM> that I never could afford as a kid and so on.

JM> --- NiKom v2.5.0
JM> * Origin: Delta City (deltacity.se, Vallentuna, Sweden) (2:221/242.0)

... MultiMail, the new multi-platform, multi-format offline reader!

From: poison (1:229/424)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 12.05.20 18:35
Re: amiga
None of the wireless would support anything more than WEP though right?
-=> Joacim Melin wrote to Richard Menedetter Hi poison!

From: Don Lowery (1:340/1000)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 13.05.20 09:41
Re: amiga
JM> DL> Nice system! Hate it that the prices have shot up to the moon. On the
JM> DL> other
JM> DL> hand...if anyone can't find any Amiga hardware...there's always
JM> I also prefer running on real hardware. There are just too many
JM> compromises when running a emulated Amiga and also I want the feeling of
JM> the Amiga platform, collecting and running those old peripherals that I
JM> never could afford as a kid and so on.

I agree 10000%! That's why I got a used ThinkCentre to run Arca on. Spent
right around $100 to get it & upgrade it.

I had an Amiga 500 back in the day & wished I'd kept that & got rid of the
ex-wife...rather than both of them. Jumping ahead to today...am amazed at the
cost of the original machines. Even getting the new PowerPC MB to run Amiga
on is just as much or more than the original 68K machines.