Fidonet Portal

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 22.09.20 22:42
Party City Fiasco
Party city is being sued for stocking their shelves with Robert E Lee costumes
for kids.

The claimants allege that "It's racist to sell Democrat stuff," and that the
confederate costume is a symbol of racism.

I disagree with the claimants on the 2nd part; Democrats aren't a symbol of
racism, but they are a symbol of slavery.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Ib Joe (1:342/201)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 23.09.20 12:03
Re: Party City Fiasco
On 22 Sep 2020, Aaron Thomas said the following...

AT> Party city is being sued for stocking their shelves with Robert E Lee
AT> costumes for kids.
AT>
AT> The claimants allege that "It's racist to sell Democrat stuff," and that
AT> the confederate costume is a symbol of racism.
AT>
AT> I disagree with the claimants on the 2nd part; Democrats aren't a symbol
AT> of racism, but they are a symbol of slavery.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves and think this through....

Yes, the Democratic party was/is the party of slavery. Back in the day they
used whips and chains where as today they use fear and other mental
barriers... learned helplessness...

If being the party of slavery, fighting a war to try to keep slavery isn't
racist than I don't know what one would have to do to be racist....

Democrats were the party that enabled Jim Crow laws.... The laws made to
segregate and marginalized the blacks after the civil war... This was easily
accomplished because all the politicians, police and judges were
ex-confederate military....

https://www.history.com/topics/early-20th-century-us/jim-crow-laws

If being the party of Jim Crow laws doesn't make you a racist then I don't
know what does...

The KKK was founded by the Democratic Party... On the same page... link
above history.com talks about the KKK...

"During the Reconstruction era, local governments, as well as the national
Democratic Party and President Andrew Johnson, thwarted efforts to help Black
Americans move forward.

Violence was on the rise, making danger a regular aspect of African American
life. Black schools were vandalized and destroyed, and bands of violent white
people attacked, tortured and lynched Black citizens in the night. Families
were attacked and forced off their land all across the South.

The most ruthless organization of the Jim Crow era, the Ku Klux Klan, was
born in 1865 in Pulaski, Tennessee, as a private club for Confederate
veterans."

The KKK was later normalized into the US Government by the Democratic
president Woodrow Wilson.

History.com is quoted as saying this about
Woodrow... "But Wilson was also a segregationist who wrote a history textbook
praising the Confederacy and, in particular, the Ku Klux Klan. As president,
he rolled back hard-fought economic progress for Black Americans, overseeing
the segregation of multiple agencies of the federal government.".

If attempting to normalize segregation and a hate group like the KKK as a
party platform.... Then what is being a racist...

What a minute... Didn't the Democrats pass the equal rights laws passed in
the 60's... Yes there was a Democratic president in the office while they
were passed... The laws were passed in part by the Republic party... voted
90% in agreement to them... whereas the Democrats voted in favor ~60%...

Moreover, it was an ex-KKK Democratic Senator Robert Byrd who tried to slow
down/stop the process of these laws being passed by filibustering its/there
passages...

" *West Virginia's Democratic United States Senator Robert C. Byrd was a
recruiter for the Klan while in his 20s and 30s, rising to the title of
Kleagle and Exalted Cyclops of his local chapter. After leaving the group,
Byrd spoke in favor of the Klan during his early political career. Though he
claimed to have left the organization in 1943, Byrd wrote a letter in 1946 to
the group's Imperial Wizard stating "The Klan is needed today as never
before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia." Byrd
defended the Klan in his 1958 U.S. Senate campaign when he was 41 years old."

L.B.J, the Democratic President at the time use to call the civil rights bill
as... "Then in 1957, Johnson would help get the nigger bill passed, known to
most as the Civil Rights Act of 1957. With the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the
1965 Voting Rights Act"

And of course we cannot forget this quote either... LBJ, a beer-swilling,
blunt-speaking Texan, didn't shy from using what today we refer to as The N
Word. One sentence often attributed to LBJ, which has gained great fame on the
internet, is this: "I'll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for 200 years."

Apparently LBJ set Joe Biden up... since Joe thought blacks were to vote
Democratic for the next 200 years Joe assumed that blacks will vote for
him... this explains Joe's words... If you don't vote for me you ain't
black...

Anyway, just saying... They may have a point about the Democrats being
racist... I'm still on the fence though

IB Joe
AKA Joe Schweier
SysOp of Joe's BBS
-=JoesBBS.com=-

* Origin: Joe's BBS, JoesBBS.com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTPS:80 (1:342/201)

From: Aaron Thomas (1:229/426)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 23.09.20 19:40
Re: Party City Fiasco
IJ> If being the party of slavery, fighting a war to try to keep slavery isn't
IJ> racist than I don't know what one would have to do to be racist....

You're right. I was just trying to make our liberal friends feel better about
doing dirty deeds for the enslavement party. It's got to be hard to swallow a
lot of that stuff.

I don't get why liberals always downplay Biden's racial remarks. He's got the
most racist comments that will ever go down in history, or he's at least 2nd
only to LBJ. I commend Joe Biden for his failure to use the N word, although
it sure seems like it's always on the tip of his tongue!

--- Renegade vY2Ka2

From: Ib Joe (1:342/201)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 23.09.20 22:40
Re: Party City Fiasco
On 23 Sep 2020, Aaron Thomas said the following...

AT> IJ> If being the party of slavery, fighting a war to try to keep slavery i
AT> IJ> racist than I don't know what one would have to do to be racist....
AT>
AT> You're right. I was just trying to make our liberal friends feel better
AT> about doing dirty deeds for the enslavement party. It's got to be hard
AT> to swallow a lot of that stuff.
AT>
AT> I don't get why liberals always downplay Biden's racial remarks. He's
AT> got the most racist comments that will ever go down in history, or he's
AT> at least 2nd only to LBJ. I commend Joe Biden for his failure to use the
AT> N word, although it sure seems like it's always on the tip of his tongue!

My answer to you was done for the same reasons.... to trigger some liberals.