Fidonet Portal

From: Charles Pierson (2:240/1120.976)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 20.09.20 19:12
my mask, version 1
Hello, August Abolins.
On 9/20/20 9:50 PM you wrote:

AA> Would you let your kids buy a book from this man in a bookstore?
AA> https://brorabbit.g0x.ru/pic/5f67a461.jpg

Of course not. You should have reading glasses and a bow tie.

--
Best regards!
Posted using Hotdoged on Android

From: Daryl Stout (1:19/33)
To: n/a
Date: Mon, 21.09.20 13:32
Re: my mask, version 1
August,

AA> I don't wear reading glasses. And I don't think I could pull
AA> off wearing a bow tie.

I wore glasses for over 40 years, being severely nearsighted.
When I had to stop driving at night at 35, it was discovered that
I had cataracts. The visual acuity was 20/2000 -- but after the
surgery with intraocular lens implants, it improved to 20/20.
However, I have to use reading glasses when looking at the
smartphone, documents, or at the computer. Or, as the late Red
Skelton noted as Clem Kadiddlehopper, Doctor Of Fool-ology, noted,
"I don't really need these. But, I've reached the age where
curiosity is greater than vanity". <G>

AA> I *do* slip on a pair of 0+ blu-blocker glasses when I feel
AA> that my extensive staring at the screen would affect me for
AA> the worse. I find that those glasses make a huge difference
AA> in reducing dry-eyes and restoring normal sleep pattern.

I've been dealing with the eyes being too dry or too watery
lately. Part of it may be spending too much time at the computer,
watching YouTube Videos of military personnel coming home to
surprise their families...or their girlfriends, with a marriage
proposal.

Daryl

... Clevelage: The sight one see when a large repair man bends over.
=== MultiMail/Win v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
* Origin: The Thunderbolt BBS - tbolt.synchro.net (1:19/33)

From: Daryl Stout (1:19/33)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 23.09.20 10:03
Re: my mask, version 1
August,

DS> I wore glasses for over 40 years, being severely
DS> nearsighted. When I had to stop driving at night at 35,
DS> it was discovered that I had cataracts. The visual
DS> acuity was 20/2000

AA> I've never heard of anyone having cataracts at such a young
AA> age. You are quite the anomaly.

Quite the anomaly in so many ways, unfortunately. I came into
the world at 2 1/2 pounds, and 2 months premature...but, I've
made up for lost time. <G> My late Mom was bleeding so bad, that
she nearly died (they had to deliver me by C-Section), and I was
nearly stillborn.

DS> the late Red Skelton noted as Clem Kadiddlehopper,
DS> Doctor Of Fool-ology, noted, "I don't really need
DS> these. But, I've reached the age where curiosity is
DS> greater than vanity". <G>

AA> Back in those days, wearing glasses had a sigma. Now, vanity
AA> is quite the factor for looking good in the right frames!

As long as I can see, I don't care what they look like. It's like
my dentures, which I've worn for over 20 years now. I didn't care
what they looked like...I just wanted to be able to eat. A local
business, Affordable Dentures, got me a full upper and lower set,
for just under $500...and the latest set has lasted at least 5
years. They fit so perfectly, that I haven't had to use one drop
of Fixodent, PoliGrip, etc. However, I have to be careful when I
sneeze, so they don't fly out of my mouth. Razz

AA>> I *do* slip on a pair of 0+ blu-blocker glasses..
AA>> ..I find that those glasses make a huge difference
AA>> in reducing dry-eyes and restoring normal sleep pattern.

I have severe sleep apnea, but with sinus drain and hacking
(they can't figure out why it flares after meals, and when I
go to sleep (for a nap or overnight)Wink, I can't wear the mask.
I hack like a cat with repeated hairballs (is there a human
version of Meow Mix?? <G>), or a 20 pack a day smoker. Yet,
I've never smoked or used tobacco...or drank alcoholic beverages
in my life. I can't see how folks can afford them. On very rare
occasions, my late wife would have a "rum and Coke"...with 99%
Coca-Cola, and 1% Jamaica White Rum (she was born in Kingston).
She mainly took it when she wasn't feeling well...she slept like
a rock all night, and was fine the next day.

Just for grins, we stopped off at a local liquor store, thinking
of buying a bottle. We about flipped over the price. I asked her
Dad why the price was so high, and he said one word: "Imported".
My mother-in-law passed away late last month.

Daryl

... War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory.-