Fidonet Portal

From: Kai Richter (2:240/77)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 17.09.20 16:34
Slackware 15.0
Hello Alexey!

17 Sep 20, Alexey Vissarionov wrote to Kai Richter:

DC>>> That is correct, it is one of the few.
KR>> No, it's not, it does have systemd:
KR>> https://github.com/Dlackware/systemd systemd for Slackware.

AV> Are there some significant number of idiots who will do that for any
AV> other reason than having fun and saying "yes, it builds"?

I think that counter is exactly zero. But not because what you may think of.
Anybody who is able to set up a systemd based slackware on his own have skills
far above an idiots level. My pre-justice tells me if they can't be idiots then
they must have good reasons to use it. But the most important point is: Who
cares?

The question was does slackware *have* systemd - not does it *use* systemd.

I just wanted to highlight that slackware isn't restricted by missing systemd.
Use it or not, that's still your freedom.

Regards

Kai

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.4.7
* Origin: Monobox (2:240/77)