Fidonet Portal

From: Daryl Stout (1:19/33)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 15.09.20 03:16
Coffee linked to lower bo
AA> Women who drink two or three cups of coffee a day have been found to
AA> have lower total body and abdominal fat than those who drink less,
AA> according to a new study published in The Journal of Nutrition.

I was told to stop drinking diet green tea, because of the caffeine
(22 milligrams per 12 ounce bottle). So, I've gone back to flavored
water. Just regular water is too bland for me. I'm trying to avoid
sodas.

Daryl
... Hi, I'm Mr. Rogers Of Borg. Can you say assimilation??
=== MultiMail/Win v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
* Origin: The Thunderbolt BBS - tbolt.synchro.net (1:19/33)

From: Kurt Weiske (1:218/700)
To: n/a
Date: Fri, 18.09.20 09:31
Re: Coffee linked to lower bo
-=> Daryl Stout wrote to August Abolins <=-

DS> I was told to stop drinking diet green tea, because of the caffeine
DS> (22 milligrams per 12 ounce bottle). So, I've gone back to flavored
DS> water. Just regular water is too bland for me. I'm trying to avoid
DS> sodas.

Artificial sweeteners are best avoided. Try citrus-infused water? I
usually buy a handful of limes at the store and use those in my
water, or in a pinch one of those plastic lime-shaped squeeze
bottles.

And, if I accidentally fill my glass with vodka, it works, too.

... Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
--- MultiMail/XT v0.52
* Origin: http://realitycheckbbs.org | tomorrow's retro tech (1:218/700)

From: Charles Pierson (2:240/1120.976)
To: n/a
Date: Fri, 18.09.20 18:13
Re: Coffee linked to lower bo
Hello, Kurt Weiske.
On 9/18/20 7:31 AM you wrote:

KW> Artificial sweeteners are best avoided. Try citrus-infused water?
KW> I usually buy a handful of limes at the store and use those in my
KW> water, or in a pinch one of those plastic lime-shaped squeeze
KW> bottles.

Good choices. A dash or two of almost any fruit juice is nice.

KW> And, if I accidentally fill my glass with vodka, it works, too.

Possibly. I never developed a taste for vodka though, myself.

--
Best regards!
Posted using Hotdoged on Android

From: Daryl Stout (1:19/33)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 20.09.20 15:34
Re: Coffee linked to lowe
Kurt,

KW> Artificial sweeteners are best avoided. Try citrus-infused water? I
KW> usually buy a handful of limes at the store and use those in my
KW> water, or in a pinch one of those plastic lime-shaped squeeze
KW> bottles.

I'm drinking the flavored water from Wal-Mart...the only 2 main
flavors they have are strawberry, and black cherry...but it's cheaper
for a 12 pack than to buy the liter bottles at Kroger.

KW> And, if I accidentally fill my glass with vodka, it works, too.

That may be a clear liquid, but you do NOT want to use that if you
are preparing for a colonoscopy. One woman did that, and her heart
stopped on the table. They had to stop the procedure, and revive her.
So, she had to do the prep work again, as well as the procedure, and
had to pay the full cost.

Daryl

... What do you mean my birth certificate expired??