Fidonet Portal

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 09.09.20 21:57
FidoGazette Vol 14 no 26 Page: 3
Editorial

This week, I'm trying to get back on schedule for fidogazette
publishing... life gets a bit crazy here, that's for sure. I
expect it is about the same for many of you...

Over here, we've had a number of family situations that
demanded our attention. Thankfully all seems to be in order
now or at least I can see "the light at the end of the tunnel"
so to speak. My yellow lab-mix, Indy, has to have surgery so
I'm not looking forward to that one. He's an older boy now at
about 10 years old... but his cancer from a few years ago has
returned, and he's got to have that taken care of. Our vet is
an old fashioned "cow vet" if you know what I mean, but he's
the best guy we've ever had for our pets.. with that great
local reputation, his office is always packed, and
appointments aren't always easy to come by... so I was happy
to have him scheduled shortly.

Of course I woke up this morning to my system going ape-sh..
Sad It took me a short time to get the BBS back up and running
since a few pascalnet files were corrupted. No echomail was
corrupted today so that is a good thing <tm> Smile

FYI, Our quote of the day comes from Neil deGrasse Tyson.
Here's a little blurb I picked up about him on the web:

'Neil deGrasse Tyson is an American astrophysicist,
cosmologist, planetary scientist, author, and science
communicator. Since 1996, he has been the Frederick P. Rose
Director of the Hayden Planetarium at the Rose Center for
Earth and Space in New York City.'.

FIDOGAZETTE Vol 14 No 26 Page 3 September 09, 2020

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)

From: Dan Clough (1:123/115)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 09.09.20 22:28
Re: FidoGazette Vol 14 no 26 Page: 3
-=> Janis Kracht wrote to All <=-

JK> FYI, Our quote of the day comes from Neil deGrasse Tyson.
JK> Here's a little blurb I picked up about him on the web:

JK> 'Neil deGrasse Tyson is an American astrophysicist,
JK> cosmologist, planetary scientist, author, and science
JK> communicator. Since 1996, he has been the Frederick P. Rose
JK> Director of the Hayden Planetarium at the Rose Center for
JK> Earth and Space in New York City.'.

He's the presenter/narrator of a pretty EXCELLENT documentary on
space/science, called "Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey". It
originally aired a few years back and may still be viewable on
Hulu TV streaming. Check it out here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmos:_A_Spacetime_Odyssey

... All hope abandon, ye who enter messages here.
=== MultiMail/Linux v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: Palantir * palantirbbs.ddns.net * Pensacola, FL * (1:123/115)

From: Janis Kracht (1:261/38)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 10.09.20 01:47
Re: FidoGazette Vol 14 no 26 Page: 3
> -=> Janis Kracht wrote to All <=-

>> FYI, Our quote of the day comes from Neil deGrasse Tyson.
>> Here's a little blurb I picked up about him on the web:

>> 'Neil deGrasse Tyson is an American astrophysicist,
>> cosmologist, planetary scientist, author, and science
>> communicator. Since 1996, he has been the Frederick P. Rose
>> Director of the Hayden Planetarium at the Rose Center for
>> Earth and Space in New York City.'.

> He's the presenter/narrator of a pretty EXCELLENT documentary on
> space/science, called "Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey". It
> originally aired a few years back and may still be viewable on
> Hulu TV streaming. Check it out here:

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmos:_A_Spacetime_Odyssey

Yes, I know.. I have watched his shows for a very long time Smile

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
* Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)