Fidonet Portal

From: alexander koryagin (2:5020/400)
To: All
Date: Mon, 08.10.12 11:09
fuel

processed: spam filter heuristic analysis disabled)

From: "alexander koryagin"

F2EP
Hi, Roy Witt! How are you?
on Monday, 08 of October, I read your message to alexander koryagin
about "fuel"

[skipped]
RW>>> As compared to what other fuels and in what field of use?

ak>> Any fuel is used for fueling. Take coal, wood, oil for instance. If
ak>> people don't burn them - they will burn out themselves sooner or
ak>> later. ;-) But by using Uranium we constantly create highly
ak>> radioactive waste that must be stored somewhere for thousands of
ak>> years. Is it possible to guarantee that nothing will have happened
ak>> with these dirty boxes for thousands of years?

RW> I've often wondered why we don't send spent uranium fuel to the sun,
RW> for immediate depletion of all radioactivity upon arrival.

Do you remember what a row we have on Earth when somebody tries to launch a
rocket with atomic generator inside? The reason is clear - there is a
probability that the rocket will fail and we'll get a radioactive
contamination. The situation will be worse if we an accident happens with a
rocket carrying extremely radioactive isotopes that we get after using U235
fuel. Probably there is only one solution - we must build plants to restore
U235 fuel; all the work must be done by robots capable to work in a(?Wink highly
radioactive environment.

ak>> [...The probabilty of crime in the country is in direct proportion to
ak>> amount of the police]

RW> ...Crime is in direct proportion to the number of crooks not in jail.

in jail for life? ;)

[...Skipped]
Bye Roy!
Alexander (yAlexKo[]yandex.ru) + 2:5020/2140.91
fido7.english-tutor 2012

--- ifmail v.2.15dev5.4
* Origin: Demos online service (2:5020/400)