Fidonet Portal

From: Benjamin Toussaint (2:240/8001.19)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 25.08.20 10:27
Titan
Hey everyone,

another branch hit me 2 years ago. Since I am a great fan of audio books,
I got myself whatever was available on Audible of the "Star Trek Titan"
branch.

Captain Riker, later Rear Admiral, commands the USS Titan that is part of
a new fleet of research vessels. They visit places far outside the borders
of the federation and therefore meet some new (and known) species to find
out more about them.

What I liked about it was the very masterful way they found to integrate
old friends like Deanna, Tuvok and Will and still manage to introduce new
very lovable characters.
Especially since the Titan is the ship with most non-humanoid crew
members, you get a lot of stuff to think about without "rubbing it in your
face" all the time like a Netflix show. Smile

My hope that there will be a TV show some day soon is very limited though.

--- OpenXP 5.0.42
* Origin: (2:240/8001.19)

From: Ralf Wissing (2:240/8001)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 02.09.20 21:38
Re: Titan
Hi,

i stumbled across the titan series more or less by accident, after the second
season of Discovery reignited my interest in Trek, but sadly, i don't think
there will be a reasonable TV-series of this. The problem is just that the
cast will be soon too old for the characters they represent. I mean, TNG was
a looong time ago...

Just my thoughts...

Greetings

Ralf Wissing

* Origin: BlackICE BBS (BlackICE.BBSindex.com:23) (2:240/8001)

From: Benjamin Toussaint (2:240/8001.19)
To: n/a
Date: Fri, 04.09.20 13:10
Re: Titan
> i stumbled across the titan series more or less by accident, after the
> second season of Discovery reignited my interest in Trek, but sadly, i don't
> think there will be a reasonable TV-series of this. The problem is just that
> the cast will be soon too old for the characters they represent. I mean, TNG
> was a looong time ago...

> Just my thoughts...

Hey Ralf,

I agree with that. If they ever make a show of it, they will probably cast
a new set and that's always a tough call for everyone involved.

However I devoured the story, all the audio books and then the e-books. It
was like finding my good old TNG again.

--- OpenXP 5.0.42
* Origin: (2:240/8001.19)