Fidonet Portal

From: KB8NW (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 16.08.20 02:43
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #1477
<NG01.DM5PR10MB1628F70BF1E225F65E8EA23DE75E0@DM5PR10MB1628.namprd10.prod.outlook
.com> 00002c60
From: "Tedd Mirgliotta (KB8NW)" <kb8nw@hotmail.com>

on 40 through 10 meters. 60 meters and FT8 are not options at
this time so please don't bother to ask. I will post my logs
to LoTW after my return to WI and ClubLog hopefully from the
island. Depends on internet access at the resort." QSL via
his home callsign.

OC-228. Andy, VK5MAV, posted the following on FaceBook this past
week: "Well - another chance for someone Smile
If you have not yet worked IOTA OC-228 [Granite Island], a
new chance appears. On August 22nd or 23rd, I will be on the
island. What day - depends on the weather, it will be clear
in a couple of days before and I let you know. Access to the
island by the bridge is closed in case of strong winds, and
to sit in the rain with all the hardware somehow does not
attract me. Alas, again 100 W from the battery, again GP,
again 20 m band only, again CW only.
I will move around 14042, depending on the situation on the
air. Time is scheduled from around 0 GMT until our twilight,
7 GMT. I will be on the internet all the time, email, watching
DX Summit cluster, phone, Skype, Facebook, but I will upload
the log only after the end of this disgrace.
Hope to hear everyone who needs it."

PLEASE NOTE: Since the Webmasters of the new <www.iota-world.org>; have
decided NOT to post or dedicate a Web page to announce upcoming IOTA
operations, PLEASE send your IOTA operations information to the OPDX,
and we will post it here in an upcoming bulletin......

LOTW NEWS (Help Support Logbook of the World!Wink. From the ARRL Development
Department: Since 2003, Logbook of The World has provided amateur radio
operators with a quick, simple way to claim and verify contacts. This
verification formerly required exchange of paper QSL cards and submission
of a paper application to ARRL - a slow, environmentally unfriendly, and
somewhat expensive process. Using LoTW today, some digital contacts get
confirmed within minutes of when they conclude.
Because ARRL wants there to be no barriers to stations uploading their
QSOs, LoTW is available to any amateur radio operator at no cost to the
user. However, there are costs incurred by ARRL for Logbook operations run
by ARRL staff members including costs for programmers, equipment, web
access, and user help and support.
The future of LoTW!
------------------------
ARRL Headquarters staff works with a permanent committee to oversee,
maintain, and improve LoTW. Some notable achievements and goals that
have resulted from this work include:
* Continuous reviewing and updating of Logbook processes to facilitate
ease of use
* Adding new ARRL awards as well as awards from other organizations
* Enhancing DX registration through supporting email methods
* Adding support for multiple locations within a single upload, which
supports the rover and mobile communities
* Future growth including a redesign of Logbook's web presence

Today, LoTW is more important than ever!
* The worldwide COVID-19 pandemic has significantly slowed international
mail.
* In some countries, the mail has been embargoed.
* Many national ham radio societies have discontinued their QSL bureaus
and it's unlikely that they will reappear.

Your donation to Logbook of The World will support maintenance of the
current database and expansion of the system in the future.
Visit the ARRL Donation Page (https://www.arrl.org/arrl-donation-formWink
to support Logbook of The World today!

OJ0, MARKET REEF. Henri, OH3JR, is once again active as OJ0JR from Market
Reef (EU-053) until August 21st. Activity will be limited to his free
time because he helps with maintenance of lighthouse while there. Look
for operations on 80-10 meters using CW, SSB and FT8. QSL via his home
callsign or ClubLog.

OPDX MAILING LIST (Just A Reminder). Details on how to subscribe and
unsubscribe from the "OPDX Mailing List" are at the bottom of this
bulletin. PLEASE pass the word around.... Thanks and 73 de Tedd KB8NW

PJ4, BONAIRE (Special Event/Award). The following was posted on QRZ.com
on August 9th [edited]: PJ4TEN is a special event station active during
October 2020 to commemorate the 10th anniversary of "10/10/10" - October
10th, 2010. On that date the former country of the Netherlands Antilles
was dissolved and Bonaire became a 'special municipality' of the Nether-
lands. As a result, Bonaire became a new DXCC entity on that date.
To mark the 10th anniversary, Bonaire's radio amateurs are organizing
a month-long operating event. A PDF award will be available to those who
achieve 10 points by making contacts with PJ4 stations during October.

Rules:
1. A total of 10 points are required.
2. A contact with PJ4TEN is worth 2 points.
3. A contact with any other PJ4 station is worth 1 point.
4. Exception: on the exact anniversary, between 0000UTC and 2359UTC on
Saturday October 10th, all PJ4 stations count 2 points.
5. All stations may be worked more than once on different bands and/or
modes for additional points. Example: QSOs with PJ4TEN on 14 MHz SSB
and 7 MHz FT8, and with PJ4NX on 14 MHz CW and 7 MHz FT8, would count
a total of 6 points (2+2+1+1). However, if all those QSOs took place
on 10/10/20 a total of 8 points would be scored (2+2+2+2).
6. Only contacts made between 0000 UTC on October 1st and 2359 UTC on
October 31st count towards the Bonaire 10/10/10 Award.
7. There is no fee and no QSLs are required.
8. To apply: send a list of contacts made, stating the date, time (UTC),
band and mode to: pj4ten@gmail.com
9. The award is also available to SWLs on a 'heard' basis. For each
contact logged, please list at least two stations with which the
PJ4 station was in contact.

The following is a list of all currently-licensed Bonaire stations:
PJ4BZL (Berry) PJ4KY (Bert) PJ4TEN (special event station)
PJ4DX (Steve) PJ4NG (Noah) PJ4/DC7MO (Monika)
PJ4EVA (Eva) PJ4NX (Peter) PJ4/DL1COP (Holger)
PJ4GR (Gerard) PJ4RF (Rinse) PJ4/PE1NMB (Erwin, awaiting full
PJ4 callsign)
Other PJ4 callsigns may also be active during the month.

The special event station PJ4TEN, along with PJ4DX, PJ4KY and PJ4NX,
the QSL information is via Tim Beaumont, M0URX, direct, via OQRS and via
LoTW. QSL PJ4BZL, PJ4EVA, PJ4GR and PJ4RF via info on QRZ.com. QSL PJ4NG
via K4BAI.

PROPAGATION FORECAST/REPORT (August 17-23rd).......
Aug/17th AN Aug/20th HN Aug/22nd AN
Aug/18th AN Aug/21st HN Aug/23rd AN
Aug/19th AN

SOLAR REFERENCE KEYS/INDEXES AND GEOMAGNETIC REFERENCE
NORMALITY GEOMAG K Values Alpha
----------------- ------ -------- ------

Meanwhile, check out the following Web sites for propagation:
* VOACAP predication Web page at: http://www.voacap.com/hf
and http://www.voacap.com/prediction.html
* DX.QSL.NET Propagation page: https://dx.qsl.net/propagation
* A daily HF radio wave propagation forecast can be found at:
https://www.facebook.com/thomasfranklingiellaw4hm
* SolarHam Web page: http://www.solarham.net
* Radio Propagation/Space Weather/Sunspot Cycle Information at:
http://sunspotwatch.com
* News and Information About The Sun-Earth Environment:
https://www.spaceweather.com
* Monthly propagation charts between four USA regions and twelve
overseas locations are at: http://arrl.org/propagation
* Information and tutorials on propagation are at: http://k9la.us
* Graphic propagation tool by DR2W: http://www.dr2w.de/dx-propagation
* Point to point propagation at: http://www.predtest.uk/p2p.html
* Real-time propagation at: http://www.predtest.uk
* Also on Twitter: https://twitter.com/@GiellaW4hm

QSL INFO AND NEWS...................
QSL-INFO from DB0SDX by Lothar, DL1SBF (www.qslinfo.euWink (August 16th)
** No QSL-Infos next Sunday, August 23rd **
5B60AMX via LZ3SM EM7EFF/P via UR7EY & (L) SF6F via SA6FOL (L)
9A/KO7SS via KO7SS (L) GI5I via GI4DOH & (L) SM/DG5CST via DG5CST
9H1GP via 9H1GP (e/L) HA50KHW via HA0HW (O) TK/F4IDN/P via F4IDN
A60EMM/3 via A61BK OE/S56KVJ/P via S56KVJ (L) TM5EE via TM5EE (L)
CP6CL via W3HNK & (L) ON/PD0RWL/P via PD0RWL TM76DP via F4GPB
CT7ABA via DK0MM & (L) OZ/DM5AA via DM5AA UT/N2TA via RW1AI
DM6V via DL5AXX RA/N2TA via RW1AI ZM1A via ZL3CW (d/L)
EF5Y via EA5FR (L) SA5K via SM5ELV (e/L)

(e) eQSL only (d) direct only (B) Bureau only (*-B) DX's- Bureau
(O) OQRS only (C) ClubLog only (L) LoTW only (N) No QSL needed
(I) No IRC (P) PayPal (NB) No Bureau (n) no printed QSLs

QSLS RECEIVED VIA LoTW: 3D2AG/P, 4O4T, 8P5A, 8P6EX, 9K2GS, 9Z4Y, A45XR,
A71AE, BG0BPZ, CR6K, CX7SS, D2EB, DJ2QV, DL5AXX, DS5USH, E7HQ, E74DO,
EH7H, F6ARC, GW0ADC, HG8R, JA8ISU, LX20I, LY0HQ, LY7Z, MD0CCE, N8ILI,
OD5KU, OE0HQ, OH0Z, OH8X, OL0HQ, OQ4U, OY1CT, PJ4A, PX2F, RA9YE, S50HQ,
T48K, TI5/N3KS, TI9A, V73NS, VB2Z, VE3RR, VE3RR, VE9CB, WP2DX, WP3C,
XE1CT, YL2SM, ZB2TT and ZW5B

QSLS RECEIVED VIA MAIL: 5H4WZ (AF-063), C31CT, D2EB, E44RU, EK6TA,
EX0QR, FG8OJ, S79AC, TI9A, TR8CR, XR8RRC and YU1NR

QSLS RECEIVED VIA THE BUREAU: NONE REPORTED THIS WEEK!!!!
--- We would like to see more QSL Bureaus (such as AS/US/SA/AF.. etc)
send in their info....

QSO TODAY VIRTUAL HAM EXPO (A Big Hit!Wink. It would seem that the QSO Today
Virtual Ham Expo held on August 8-9th, was a big success with over 26,000
registered and over 14,000 on the platform both days. The Virtual Ham Expo
Chairman Eric Guth, 4Z1UG/WA6IGR, told the ARRL, "It was far better than
we expected" and the event sponsors and exhibitors that he has heard from
so far "are thrilled with the turnout, engagement, and responses that they
received." He said they're also enthusiastic about the second QSO Today
Virtual Ham Expo, set for March 13-14th, 2021. "Our plan is to offer this
twice a year," Guth added. Read the complete ARRL news release at:
http://www.arrl.org/news/qso-today-virtual-ham-expo-to-become-twice-yearly-
event
Also, those who had registered, but did not log into the live event can
see it all on demand until September 9th, at: https://qsotoday.vfairs.com

RSGB 2020 CONVENTION (Will Be Online). In response to the UK's continuing
social distancing regulations, the RSGB Convention Committee has changed
the arrangements for this year's event and is holding an online Convention
on Saturday, October 10th. For complete details, see:
https://rsgb.org/main/about-us/rsgb-convention

T45, CUBA. Look for the special callsign T45FM to be active from the
Punta Maya Lighthouse (NA-015, ILLW CU0005, ARLHS CUB032) during the
International Lighthouse Lightship Weekend [ILLW] (August 21-23rd).
Activity will be on 160-10 meters using mainly SSB and FT8. Paper QSL
only via RW6HS.

TT8, CHAD (Postponed Again). The Italian Dxpedition Team, who was expected
to be active as TT8RR and TT8XX from the Capital City Ndjamena between
September 29th and October 12th, have announced that their DXpedition
has been "postponed to next year, Covid-19 situation permitting." For
more details and updates, watch: http://www.i2ysb.com/idt

XT2, BURKINA FASO. Max, DK1MAX, who was expected to once again be active
as XT2MAX from Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, sometime during November/December
..
has posted the following on QRZ.com [edited]: "Due to the current travel
limitations I decided to delay my planned XT2MAX 2020 activity until
sometime in 2021."

YN, NICARAGUA. Robert, DL7VOA, who was expected to be active as YN5AO from
Casa Guacalito, Guacalito de la Isla (WW Loc. EK61xi), Rivas, Nicaragua,
between November 21st and December 5th, and be an entry in the CQWW DX CW
Contest, has announced that he has postponed his trip until 2021.

rec.radio.amateur.dx). The weekly bulletin (issue # from the OPDX Web
page URL) is also posted on the following Media pages:
NODXA FaceBook -- https://www.facebook.com/NorthernOhioDxAssociation
Twitter -- https://twitter.com/kb8nw_opdx
ALSO VISIT THE NORTHERN OHIO DX ASSOCIATION'S WEB PAGES AT:
http://www.nodxa.org/
http://www.facebook.com/NorthernOhioDxAssociation

* All excerpts and distribution of "The OPDX Bulletin" are granted as
long as KB8NW/OPDX/BARF80 receives credit.

** To contribute DX info, please send via InterNet Mail to:
(kb8nw@arrl.net) or (kb8nw@hotmail.com)
Information can now be faxed to the following phone line at:
1-419-828-7791 (F A X only!Wink
........ 73 de Tedd KB8NW
/EXIT

Tedd Mirgliotta, KB8NW - E-mail addresses:
<kb8nw@hotmail.com> or <kb8nw@arrl.net>
Editor of the Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin (OPDX - DXer's Tool of Excellence)
President of the "Northern Ohio DX Association" (NODXA)
DX Chairman for the "Northern Ohio Amateur Radio Society
ARRL Assistant Director of the Great Lakes Division
Sysop of the "Basic Amateur Radio Frequency BBS" (BARF80.ORG)

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2