Fidonet Portal

From: Dimensional Traveler (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 12.08.20 04:10
Dumbass movie description
From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>

A sci-fi movie will be coming out Oct 2, 2020 titled '2067'. The promo
blurb is:
"Kodi Smit-McPhee stars in the sci-fi 2067 set in a future where
humanity survive on artificial oxygen. An underground tunnel worker must
surface to get a cure for his dying wife."

Anyone else see a problem with that?

--
<to be filled in at a later date>
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Adam H. Kerman (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 12.08.20 18:42
Re: Dumbass movie description
From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>

Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>A sci-fi movie will be coming out Oct 2, 2020 titled '2067'. The promo
>blurb is:
>"Kodi Smit-McPhee stars in the sci-fi 2067 set in a future where
>humanity survive on artificial oxygen. An underground tunnel worker must
>surface to get a cure for his dying wife."

>Anyone else see a problem with that?

I see someone was willing to hire clod dreamer as a marketing flak.
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Your Name (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 13.08.20 03:43
Re: Dumbass movie description
From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>

On 2020-08-12 22:10:10 +0000, Dimensional Traveler said:

> A sci-fi movie will be coming out Oct 2, 2020 titled '2067'. The promo
> blurb is:
> "Kodi Smit-McPhee stars in the sci-fi 2067 set in a future where
> humanity survive on artificial oxygen. An underground tunnel worker
> must surface to get a cure for his dying wife."
>
> Anyone else see a problem with that?

Grammatically it should be "humanity survives", but otherwise it's just
a run-of-the-mill sci-fi blurb for what is almost certainly goig to be
an incredibly boring movie well worth avoiding.

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Dimensional Traveler (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 12.08.20 07:07
Re: Dumbass movie description
From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>

On 8/12/2020 4:08 PM, Your Name wrote:
> On 2020-08-12 22:10:10 +0000, Dimensional Traveler said:
>
>> A sci-fi movie will be coming out Oct 2, 2020 titled '2067'. The
>> promo blurb is:
>> "Kodi Smit-McPhee stars in the sci-fi 2067 set in a future where
>> humanity survive on artificial oxygen. An underground tunnel worker
>> must surface to get a cure for his dying wife."
>>
>> Anyone else see a problem with that?
>
> Grammatically it should be "humanity survives", but otherwise it's just
> a run-of-the-mill sci-fi blurb for what is almost certainly goig to be
> an incredibly boring movie well worth avoiding.

But what is it they are surviving _on_?

From: J. Clarke (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 12.08.20 14:26
Re: Dumbass movie description
From: J. Clarke <jclarke.873638@gmail.com>

On Wed, 12 Aug 2020 18:07:50 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
<dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>On 8/12/2020 4:08 PM, Your Name wrote:
>> On 2020-08-12 22:10:10 +0000, Dimensional Traveler said:
>>
>>> A sci-fi movie will be coming out Oct 2, 2020 titled '2067'. The
>>> promo blurb is:
>>> "Kodi Smit-McPhee stars in the sci-fi 2067 set in a future where
>>> humanity survive on artificial oxygen. An underground tunnel worker
>>> must surface to get a cure for his dying wife."
>>>
>>> Anyone else see a problem with that?
>>
>> Grammatically it should be "humanity survives", but otherwise it's just
>> a run-of-the-mill sci-fi blurb for what is almost certainly goig to be
>> an incredibly boring movie well worth avoiding.
>>
>But what is it they are surviving _on_?

Probably the same thing that all those yahoos in The Road Warrior and
its sequels were running their cars and trucks and gyros on.

It's an Australian apocalypse movie--don't expect it to make sense.
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Your Name (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 13.08.20 07:37
Re: Dumbass movie description
From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>

On 2020-08-13 01:07:50 +0000, Dimensional Traveler said:
> On 8/12/2020 4:08 PM, Your Name wrote:
>> On 2020-08-12 22:10:10 +0000, Dimensional Traveler said:
>>
>>> A sci-fi movie will be coming out Oct 2, 2020 titled '2067'. The promo
>>> blurb is:
>>> "Kodi Smit-McPhee stars in the sci-fi 2067 set in a future where
>>> humanity survive on artificial oxygen. An underground tunnel worker
>>> must surface to get a cure for his dying wife."
>>>
>>> Anyone else see a problem with that?
>>
>> Grammatically it should be "humanity survives", but otherwise it's just
>> a run-of-the-mill sci-fi blurb for what is almost certainly goig to be
>> an incredibly boring movie well worth avoiding.
>
> But what is it they are surviving _on_?

It says "survive on artificial oxygen". What that actually is is
anyone's guess since it is 'science fiction'.

Obviously that means the air above ground is contaminated in some way,
so they're using the "artifical oxygen" in a sealed underground
environment. Also obviously that just talking about the breathing
aspect. They'd also need to have some sort of indoor farming to grow
food and a water system as well.

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2