Fidonet Portal

From: kensi (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sat, 08.08.20 14:21
Study suggests heat waves of the future could kill millions
From: kensi <kkensington01@gmail.nospam.invalid>

A team of researchers at the National Bureau of Economic Research has
found evidence suggesting that if greenhouse gas emissions are not
curbed, future heat waves could kill millions of people across the globe:

https://phys.org/news/2020-08-future-millions.html

in here." ~Checkmate
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Your Name (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sun, 09.08.20 07:11
Re: Study suggests heat waves of the future could kill millions
From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>

On 2020-08-09 02:21:00 +0000, kensi said:

> A team of researchers at the National Bureau of Economic Research has
> found evidence suggesting that if greenhouse gas emissions are not
> curbed, future heat waves could kill millions of people across the
> globe:
>
> https://phys.org/news/2020-08-future-millions.html

You really have to wonder why they waste so much time and money on
these moronically silly "studies". Anyone with a brain already knows
extreme heat waves can kill people, so of course Climate Change's
increased extremes will make such things worse. :-\

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: kensi (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sat, 08.08.20 14:45
Re: Study suggests heat waves of the future could kill millions
From: kensi <kkensington01@gmail.nospam.invalid>

On 8/8/2020 10:25 PM, Your Name wrote:
> On 2020-08-09 02:21:00 +0000, kensi said:
>>
>> A team of researchers at the National Bureau of Economic Research has
>> found evidence suggesting that if greenhouse gas emissions are not
>> curbed, future heat waves could kill millions of people across the globe:
>>
>> https://phys.org/news/2020-08-future-millions.html
>
> You really have to wonder why they waste so much time and money on these
> moronically silly "studies". Anyone with a brain already knows extreme
> heat waves can kill people, so of course Climate Change's increased
> extremes will make such things worse. :-\

Ah, but the studies quantify exactly how *much* worse, which is, in
theory, useful for everyone from policymakers to insurance company
actuaries.

In reality, of course, policymakers mostly have their heads stuck firmly
in the sand, and are often very well paid to by Exxon-Valdez and the
like. :/

in here." ~Checkmate
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Klaus Schadenfreude (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sat, 08.08.20 15:12
Re: Study suggests heat waves of the future could kill millions
From: Klaus Schadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreude.entfernen.@gmail.com>

On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 22:21:00 -0400, kensi
<kkensington01@gmail.nospam.invalid> wrote:

>A team of researchers at the National Bureau of Economic Research has
>found evidence suggesting that if greenhouse gas emissions are not
>curbed, future heat waves could kill millions of people across the globe:

That would sure bring down housing prices and make bacon cheaper.

Let's do it!
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: kensi (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sat, 08.08.20 21:14
Re: Study suggests heat waves of the future could kill millions
From: kensi <kkensington01@gmail.nospam.invalid>

On 8/9/2020 5:12 AM, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 22:21:00 -0400, kensi
> <kkensington01@gmail.nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>> A team of researchers at the National Bureau of Economic Research has
>> found evidence suggesting that if greenhouse gas emissions are not
>> curbed, future heat waves could kill millions of people across the globe:
>
> That would sure bring down housing prices and make bacon cheaper.
>
> Let's do it!

You know, Nadegda was right. You really are Thanos.

And you're boring. So, per our earlier decision ...

*PLONK!*

*snicker*

in here." ~Checkmate
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Klaus Schadenfreude (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sat, 08.08.20 15:35
Re: Study suggests heat waves of the future could kill millions
From: Klaus Schadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreude.entfernen.@gmail.com>

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 05:14:31 -0400, kensi
<kkensington01@gmail.nospam.invalid> wrote:

>On 8/9/2020 5:12 AM, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
>> On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 22:21:00 -0400, kensi
>> <kkensington01@gmail.nospam.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> A team of researchers at the National Bureau of Economic Research has
>>> found evidence suggesting that if greenhouse gas emissions are not
>>> curbed, future heat waves could kill millions of people across the globe:
>>
>> That would sure bring down housing prices and make bacon cheaper.
>>
>> Let's do it!
>
>You know, are right. You really are Thanos.
>And you're boring. So, per our earlier decision ...
>
>*PLONK!*

Awww! Did I hurt the troll's feelings?

[chuckle]
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Skeeter (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sat, 08.08.20 23:26
Re: Study suggests heat waves of the future could kill millions
From: Skeeter <Scoot@invalid.invalid>

On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 22:21:00 -0400, kensi
<kkensington01@gmail.nospam.invalid> wrote:

>A team of researchers at the National Bureau of Economic Research has
>found evidence suggesting that if greenhouse gas emissions are not
>curbed, future heat waves could kill millions of people across the globe:
>
>https://phys.org/news/2020-08-future-millions.html

Been hearing that #### for decades.
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: TRUMP 2020 (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sat, 08.08.20 23:32
Re: Study suggests heat waves of the future could kill millions
From: TRUMP 2020 <POTUS@invalid.invalid>

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 05:14:31 -0400, kensi
<kkensington01@gmail.nospam.invalid> wrote:

>On 8/9/2020 5:12 AM, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
>> On Sat, 8 Aug 2020 22:21:00 -0400, kensi
>> <kkensington01@gmail.nospam.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> A team of researchers at the National Bureau of Economic Research has
>>> found evidence suggesting that if greenhouse gas emissions are not
>>> curbed, future heat waves could kill millions of people across the globe:
>>
>> That would sure bring down housing prices and make bacon cheaper.
>>
>> Let's do it!
>
>You know, Nadegda was right. You really are Thanos.
>
>And you're boring. So, per our earlier decision ...
>
>*PLONK!*
>
>*snicker*

Soon The Nads twins will be all alone.
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Klaus Schadenfreude (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sat, 08.08.20 21:36
Re: Study suggests heat waves of the future could kill millions
From: Klaus Schadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreude.entfernen.@gmail.com>

On Sun, 09 Aug 2020 09:32:06 -0600, TRUMP 2020 <POTUS@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 05:14:31 -0400, kensi
><kkensington01@gmail.nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On 8/9/2020 5:12 AM, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:

>>> That would sure bring down housing prices and make bacon cheaper.
>>>
>>> Let's do it!
>>
>>You know, Nadegda was right. You really are Thanos.
>>
>>And you're boring. So, per our earlier decision ...
>>
>>*PLONK!*
>>
>>*snicker*
>

>Soon The Nads twins will be all alone.

That's how they started out.

That's how they'll end up.

Alone.

Floating on a melting iceberg as it drifts into shark-infested waters,
thanks to global warming.
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Nadegda (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sun, 09.08.20 20:09
Re: Study suggests heat waves of the future could kill millions
From: Nadegda <nad318b404@gmail.invalid>

On Sun, 09 Aug 2020 02:35:33 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:

[Kooky quote edits have been restored to the original text below]

> On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 05:14:31 -0400, kensi
> <kkensington01@gmail.nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On 8/9/2020 5:12 AM, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:

>>> That would sure bring down housing prices and make bacon cheaper.
>>>
>>> Let's do it!
>>
>> You know, Nadegda was right. You really are Thanos.
>> And you're boring. So, per our earlier decision ...
>>
>> *PLONK!*
>
> A<SMACKAKOOK!>

Hey kensi! Here's how to do it with *style*:
_____________ _____________
`-._ ..::| `-._ ..::| .
`. ..::| `. ..::| /|
| ..::| | ..::| /.|
.--------.| ..::|.-' ..::-.---. .-----| ..::| / .Neutral
| /\ .::. ..:.' ..::`. ' | ..::| / .::| /\
|/ \ .::\../ ..::\ | ..::| / ..::|/ \
..---' '---..::bd _ ..::b.._ | ..::|/ ..---' '---.
`-. .-' .::PI (_) ..::m Wink | ..::`-. .-'
/ \ ..:/.q ..::w / .| .:' / \
/_.-``-._\..:' ..\ ..::/ / .Neutral ''---/_.-``-._\
' | ..:.` | ..:`. ..::,' / .::| ..:. `
| ..Neutral | ..::|`-.__..::-'Neutral / .::' | ..:::|'. ..:\
| ..:J ,' ..:::. ,' ..::/ ..:' ,' ..::::. Wink .::b
| ..:/ /____..::::\ /____...:/ .:' /____..:::::/ ..::P
|.:,' /.:' / ..:::'
|,' /.' / ..:-'
' ' /,-'
'
<snicker>

--
FNVWe Nadegda

"By all means, compare these ####heads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm with
you." -- Mike Godwin, Aug 13, 2017, 8:03 PM
Checkmate admits that, for all intents and purposes, he carries a teddy
bear in public: <d6cnes.ket.17.19@news.alt.net>
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Nadegda (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sun, 09.08.20 20:09
Re: Study suggests heat waves of the future could kill millions
From: Nadegda <nad318b404@gmail.invalid>

.--------.| ..::|.-' ..::-.---. .-----| ..::| / .Neutral
| /\ .::. ..:.' ..::`. ' | ..::| / .::| /\
|/ \ .::\../ ..::\ | ..::| / ..::|/ \
..---' '---..::bd _ ..::b.._ | ..::|/ ..---' '---.
`-. .-' .::PI (_) ..::m Wink | ..::`-. .-'
/ \ ..:/.q ..::w / .| .:' / \
/_.-``-._\..:' ..\ ..::/ / .Neutral ''---/_.-``-._\
' | ..:.` | ..:`. ..::,' / .::| ..:. `
| ..Neutral | ..::|`-.__..::-'Neutral / .::' | ..:::|'. ..:\
| ..:J ,' ..:::. ,' ..::/ ..:' ,' ..::::. Wink .::b
| ..:/ /____..::::\ /____...:/ .:' /____..:::::/ ..::P
|.:,' /.:' / ..:::'
|,' /.' / ..:-'
' ' /,-'
'
<snicker>

From: Klaus Schadenfreude (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sun, 09.08.20 15:53
Re: Study suggests heat waves of the future could kill millions
From: Klaus Schadenfreude <klaus.schadenfreude.entfernen.@gmail.com>

On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 00:09:27 -0000 (UTC), Nadegda
<nad318b404@gmail.invalid> wrote:

>Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!
>On Sun, 09 Aug 2020 02:35:33 -0700, Klaus Schadenfreude wrote:
>
>[Kooky quote edits have been restored to the original text below]
>
>> On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 05:14:31 -0400, kensi
>> <kkensington01@gmail.nospam.invalid> wrote:

>>> You know, Nadegda was right. You really are Thanos.
>>> And you're boring. So, per our earlier decision ...
>>>
>>> *PLONK!*
>>
>> A<SMACKAKOOK!>
>
>Hey kensi!

Poor old troll doesn't even know who she's responding too. NO WONDER
you're so confused.
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2