Fidonet Portal

From: Ruslan Suleimanov (2:467/888)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 30.07.20 14:27
msg XXX replies count for msg...
Hi, Kai!

KR> Hello Ruslan!

KR> 27 Jul 20, Ruslan Suleimanov wrote to All:

RS>> Today in my hpt.log i look these errors:

RS>> 3 22:44:54 Linking area ALT.USAGE.ENGLISH
RS>> B 22:44:54 msg 783: replies count for msg 320 exceeds 9, rest of
RS>> the replies won't be linked

RS>> How to fix it ?

KR> What is the ALT.* echoarea structure? Is that the similar internet
KR> usegroup which is found by search engines with 72000 threads and
KR> 2.000.000 posts?

KR> If yes, then use the correct tools.

KR> A newsgroup is designed according to RFC specifications and based on
KR> rfc tools. Fidonet is designed with the Fidonet Technology Standard
KR> and based on FTS tools like the husky suite. The FTS is a dinosaur
KR> that was created when the transferspeed was between 300 bit/s and
KR> 56kb/s and they had 8 bit computers like the C64 with 64kb RAM. Today
KR> we have 64bit computers at home and the first 1000 Mb/s connections
KR> are available and affordable for home users.

KR> Speaking in pictures: You are trying to transport 1000 tons with a
KR> Lada Riva at once. That does not work and it's not the fault of the
KR> Riva.

KR> If you would like to have clear log files this may help:

KR> #!/bin/sh
KR> sed -e /" has no control information: thrown from reply chain"/D
KR> hpt.log > 10 sed -e /" replying is not possible"/D 10 > 20 sed -e /"
KR> replies count for msg"/D 20 > 30 mv 30 hpt.log.`date +%y%m%d.%M` rm 10
KR> rm 20

I try this script and only on 6% reduced my log.. Sad I thinks i have more then
72000 threads but not more then 2000000 posts, i sure!
I try change databases of ECHOS from SQUID to JAM.
Thanks.

WBR, Ruslan Suleimanov.
Telegram: @rsuleimanov
--- GoldED+/FreeBSD/..I LIKE UNIX EVERYDAY..
* Origin: ---/RS/FIDO Druzi 199x fido.odessa.ua/ (2:467/888)