Fidonet Portal

From: ib joe (1:342/200.1)
To: n/a
Date: Fri, 24.07.20 09:56
InterMail
Just a FYI.... there are people in the OS2 echo talking about reviving
InterMail in an OS2 version...

Interesting...

IB Joe
AKA Joe Schweier
SysOp of Joe's BBS
-= JoesBBS.Com =-

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A45 2020/02/18 (Raspberry Pi/32)
* Origin: Joe's BBS -=JoesBBS.Com=- (1:342/200.1)

From: ib joe (1:342/200.1)
To: n/a
Date: Fri, 24.07.20 13:36
Re: InterMail
On 24 Jul 2020, Dale Barnes said the following...

DB> > Just a FYI.... there are people in the OS2 echo talking
DB> > about reviving
DB> > InterMail in an OS2 version...
DB> >
DB> > Interesting...
DB>
DB> Yes, someone started asking me questions about a break in IM under OS2
DB> and found out some issues with IM under it so I am trying to finally
DB> yank out the core code that is causing me the pain to move to other
DB> platforms with the original code.
DB>
DB> When you say "Interesting..." I can only laugh and remember the guy
DB> from the show Laugh in who always had that to say about everything.
DB> Sorry, showing my age. Sad

So would we expect to see a Windows and or Linux versions... or am I over
thinking it.

Thanx

From: ib joe (1:342/200.1)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 25.07.20 08:24
Re: InterMail
On 24 Jul 2020, Dale Barnes said the following...

DB> >DB> and found out some issues with IM under it so I am trying to finally
DB> >DB> yank out the core code that is causing me the pain to move to other
DB> >DB> platforms with the original code.
DB> > DB>
DB> >DB> When you say "Interesting..." I can only laugh and remember the guy
DB> >DB> from the show Laugh in who always had that to say about everything.
DB> >DB> Sorry, showing my age. Sad
DB> > DB>
DB> >
DB> > So would we expect to see a Windows and or Linux
DB> > versions... or am I over
DB> > thinking it.
DB>
DB> I would not use the term expect but that is my goal. Still lots of work
DB> to be completed.
DB>
DB> Dale

I was part of the Beta group helping Peter out with InterMail before he
bolted for ... whatever he bolted for. Anyway, good luck

I'll try to keep posted....

From: ib joe (1:342/200.1)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 26.07.20 10:10
Re: InterMail
On 25 Jul 2020, Dale Barnes said the following...
DB> > I was part of the Beta group helping Peter out with
DB> > InterMail before he
DB> > bolted for ... whatever he bolted for. Anyway, good luck
DB> >
DB>
DB> I know there are others developing new systems as well and they are
DB> quite good but I want to finish the platform out. The GUI platform is a
DB> full rewrite.
DB>
DB> Thanks!

Good to see some developement going into BBS software. InterMail & InterEcho
were/are good software. I have my registration codes redy... I have an
Arca/OS2 VM already running.... If you need a hand testing things out let me
know.

TTYL

From: ib joe (1:342/200.1)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 26.07.20 10:16
Re: InterMail
On 26 Jul 2020, Robert Wolfe said the following...

RW> -> Just a FYI.... there are people in the OS2 echo talking about
RW> -> reviving InterMail in an OS2 version...
RW> ->
RW> -> Interesting...
RW>
RW> I know, because I am the one that started the conversation with Dale via
RW> email. Smile

I Hope the interest lasts longer than when %JoHo% said he was going to work
on FrontDoor

Smile

From: Kostie Muirhead (1:342/17)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 26.07.20 17:51
Re: InterMail
Re: Re: InterMail
By: ib joe to Robert Wolfe on Sun Jul 26 2020 08:16 am

IJ> I Hope the interest lasts longer than when %JoHo% said he was going to
IJ> work on FrontDoor

In his defense, my understanding is that it was a crash and major file loss
that took the wind out of his sails again.
===
Underminer
The Undermine BBS - bbs.undermine.ca:423
Fidonet: 1:342/17
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: The Undermine - bbs.undermine.ca:423 - Calgary, AB (1:342/17)

From: mark lewis (1:3634/12)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 26.07.20 22:37
Re: InterMail
Re: Re: InterMail
By: Kostie Muirhead to ib joe on Sun Jul 26 2020 15:51:09

IJ>> I Hope the interest lasts longer than when %JoHo% said he was going to
work on FrontDoor

KM> In his defense, my understanding is that it was a crash and major file
loss that took the wind out of his sails again.

that's my understanding, too... i was his feed until hurricane florence took
out my system and i had to restart with a whole new setup...

)\/(ark
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: SouthEast Star Mail HUB - SESTAR (1:3634/12)

From: Ib Joe (1:342/201)
To: n/a
Date: Mon, 27.07.20 22:12
Re: InterMail
-> Re: Re: InterMail
-> By: ib joe to Robert Wolfe on Sun Jul 26 2020 08:16 am

-> IJ> I Hope the interest lasts longer than when %JoHo% said he was going to
-> IJ> work on FrontDoor

-> In his defense, my understanding is that it was a crash and major file loss
-> that took the wind out of his sails again.
-> ===

It's Okay... I understand that BBSing is not a money making machine any
more...

I guessed that life got in the way...

Thanx

Joe
--- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v7.0
* Origin: Joe's BBS -=joesbbs.com=- (1:342/201)

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 28.07.20 15:45
Re: InterMail
Hi Dale,

On 2020-07-26 16:29:56, you wrote to ib joe:

DB> Just because you do not hear from JoHo does not mean he is not working
DB> on it. Smile

That's true for software of every developer ever active in fidonet that is
still alive... :-/ ;)

Bye, Wilfred.

--- FMail-lnx64 2.1.0.18-B20170815
* Origin: FMail development HQ (2:280/464)

From: ib joe (1:342/200.1)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 28.07.20 19:41
Re: InterMail
On 26 Jul 2020, Dale Barnes said the following...

DB> >DB> Thanks!
DB> >
DB> > Good to see some developement going into BBS software.
DB> > InterMail & InterEcho
DB> > were/are good software. I have my registration codes
DB> > redy... I have an
DB> > Arca/OS2 VM already running.... If you need a hand testing
DB> > things out let me
DB> > know.
DB> >
DB> Registration codes no longer needed. I just about have all the key stuff
DB> removed as I was no longer going to requires such things.
DB>
DB> Will keep you mind, may adopt MS way of doing thing, everyone is a beta
DB> tester. Surprised

Let me know.... I'll do what I can to assist in anyway.. I'm just glad to
see some movement made to update some of the technology we use.

From: ib joe (1:342/200.1)
To: n/a
Date: Tue, 28.07.20 19:43
Re: InterMail
On 26 Jul 2020, Dale Barnes said the following...

DB> > I Hope the interest lasts longer than when %JoHo% said he
DB> > was going to work
DB> > on FrontDoor
DB> >
DB> Just because you do not hear from JoHo does not mean he is not working
DB> on it. Smile

I wasn't wanting to sound ungreatful... again, excited that there is some
movement on development.

From: Wilfred van Velzen (2:280/464)
To: n/a
Date: Wed, 29.07.20 14:10
Re: InterMail
Hi Dale,

On 2020-07-28 22:45:51, you wrote to ib joe:

DB> JoHo is one of the originals still hanging around.

Not really. His system has been out of the nodelist since februari this year.
And before that it wasn't reachable for a while... So it looks like he lost
interest again, after his return in 2017...