Fidonet Portal

From: Your Name (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Wed, 22.07.20 17:09
[NEWS] "Don't Look Deeper" trailer (Quibi sci-fi)
From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>

This reminds me of something, but I'm not sure what. It's a little like
a black female-ised version of "Kyle XY" mixed with "Humvns".

From ComingSoon.net ...

Don't Look Deeper trailer offers first look at Quibi's sci-fi thriller
Quibi has unveiled the first official trailer for the upcoming sci-fi
thriller series Don't Look Deeper from Twilight director Catherine
Hardwicke and and Lost co-creator Jeffrey Lieber, which is set to
premiere on July 27. The trailer can be viewed in the player below!

Trailer: (2mins 2secs)
<https://youtu.be/jOXSUGLSk1o>;

Set in Merced, California, "fifteen minutes into the future," Don't
Look Deeper centers on a high school senior who can't seem to shake
the feeling that something about her just isn't right. And that
something is... she's not human... not one of us. This revelation of
what she really is, where she comes from, and who has started
looking for her, sets in motion a series of events that suddenly puts
her entire life in jeopardy.

A dark and provocative take on technology versus humanity, Don't Look
Deeper is a bold tale of self-discovery from the co-creator of Lost,
Jeffrey Lieber, and YouTube sensation Charlie McDonnell.

Directed by Hardwicke, this futuristic thriller stars Oscar nominee
Don Cheadle (Hotel Rwanda), Emily Mortimer (Mary Poppins Returns),
and breakout talent Helena Howard (Madeline's Madeline), as well as
Jan Luis Castellanos (13 Reasons Why), Ema Horvath (The Gallows
Act II), Kaiwi Lyman (Den of Thieves), Harvey Zielinski (My First
Summer), and Belissa Escobedo (The Baker and the Beauty).

Hardwicke executive produces the series along with showrunner and
writer Lieber and McDonnell, along with Kathleen Grace and Laura
Schwartz from New Form and Jed Weintrob and Julina Tatlock for
30 Ninjas.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/trailers/1142570-dont-look-deeper-trailer-offers-
first-look-at-quibis-sci-fi-thriller>

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Your Name (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Tue, 28.07.20 18:43
Re: [NEWS] "Don't Look Deeper" trailer (Quibi sci-fi)
From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>

On 2020-07-27 18:08:32 +0000, Madlove said:
> On 2020-07-21 06:09 PM, Your Name wrote:
>> From ComingSoon.net ...
>>
>> Don't Look Deeper trailer offers first look at Quibi's sci-fi thriller
>> Quibi has unveiled the first official trailer for the upcoming sci-fi
>> thriller series Don't Look Deeper from Twilight director Catherine
>> Hardwicke and and Lost co-creator Jeffrey Lieber, which is set to
>> premiere on July 27. The trailer can be viewed in the player below!
>>
>> Trailer: (2mins 2secs)
>> <https://youtu.be/jOXSUGLSk1o>;
>>
>> Set in Merced, California, "fifteen minutes into the future," Don't
>> Look Deeper centers on a high school senior who can't seem to shake
>> the feeling that something about her just isn't right. And that
>> something is... she's not human... not one of us.
>
> That ruins the surprise twist. Think I will skip over this dross.

It's not really a surprise twist since the whole point of the show is
her trying to discover what she is, where she's from, etc. ... just
like Kyle XY and many other similar shows, as well as Star Trek's Data.

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Madlove (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Mon, 27.07.20 08:08
Re: [NEWS] "Don't Look Deeper" trailer (Quibi sci-fi)
From: Madlove <madlove@arkham.dc>