Fidonet Portal

From: Sean Dennis (1:18/200)
To: n/a
Date: Thu, 23.07.20 21:28
Follow-up on: .pkt received without a pkt password?
Hello Marc,

Thursday July 23 2020 14:37, you wrote to All:

ML> Any ideas on how or why and how to prevent this will be appreciated.

What's your set up to him in ROUTE.CFG?

For everyone that I send direct, I use Send Normal File. For all other netmail
which I send routed, I use Route Normal File.

It sounds like there was a problem in the netmail headers, maybe?

Later,
Sean

--- GoldED/2 3.0.1
* Origin: Outpost BBS * bbs.outpostbbs.net:10123 (1:18/200)

From: Marc Lewis (1:396/45)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 25.07.20 13:04
RE: Follow-up on: .pkt received without a pkt password?
Hello Sean.

<On 23Jul2020 19:28 Sean Dennis (1:18/200) wrote a message to Marc Lewis
regarding Follow-up on: .pkt received without a pkt password? >

SD> Thursday July 23 2020 14:37, you wrote to All:

ML> Any ideas on how or why and how to prevent this will be appreciated.

SD> What's your set up to him in ROUTE.CFG?

SD> For everyone that I send direct, I use Send Normal File. For all
SD> other netmail which I send routed, I use Route Normal File.

SD> It sounds like there was a problem in the netmail headers, maybe?

Here's a small segment of my ROUTE.CFG:

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-CUT-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
Send Hold 1:261/38
>> Send Hold NoArc 2:280/464
Send Hold 2:25/21 2:250/1
-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-CUT-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

His line is highlighted. I am wondering, if like you mentioned, there was some
anomaly with the in-transit NetMail that was sent to me to forward on... I can
honestly say I have never run into this quirk before. Absolutely nothing
stands out to me to have caused this problem.

Best regards,
Marc

--- timEd/2 1.10.y2k+
* Origin: Sursum Corda! BBS-Huntsville,AL-bbs.sursum-corda.com (1:396/45)

From: Sean Dennis (1:18/200)
To: n/a
Date: Sat, 25.07.20 18:07
RE: Follow-up on: .pkt received without a pkt password?
ML> His line is highlighted. I am wondering, if like you
ML> mentioned, there was some anomaly with the in-transit
ML> NetMail that was sent to me to forward on... I can
ML> honestly say I have never run into this quirk before.
ML> Absolutely nothing stands out to me to have caused this
ML> problem.

I can't see anything wrong either with that line. I do the same thing with the
nodes I connect directly to and then for my main Fidonet feed, I use "Route
Crash" for him. For all of my hubs in Micronet, I use "Route Crash" also to
make sure that netmail flows correctly throughout the network properly.

Well, "Route Crash File" since Micronet is so small that routing an occasional
file doesn't hurt anything.

From what you've told me, I'd agree with your that the netmail was somehow
malformed.

If you allow netmail to be routed through your system, do you have the
"Tracking" keyword in Squish?

--Sean

--- Maximus/2 3.01
* Origin: Outpost BBS * bbs.outpostbbs.net:10123 (1:18/200)