Fidonet Portal

From: Oliver Thuns (2:280/464.47)
To: All
Date: Thu, 21.11.19 21:56
Squish on Linux (compile errors)
Hallo Wilfred!

WV> There's also the problem that the squish message base stores date/time
WV> stamps with a resolution of 2 seconds. That has been causing problems
WV> in the past where a squish system forwarded messages to its other
WV> links with the date/times changed from the original, and so causing
WV> undetected dupes on some systems.

This might be a problem with some tossers, but it's not a problem with the
Squish specification itself. It would surprise me, if Squish didn't use the
original date for rescanned messages.

Quote from the Squish Developers Kit Version 2.00:

__ftsc_date char[20] 218 FTS-0001 compatible date. Squish
applications should not access this
field directly. This field is used
exclusively by tossers and scanners
for preserving the original ASCII
message date. Squish applications
should use the binary dates in
date_written and date_arrived to
retrieve the message date.

I suspect hpt from the husky project. In scanarea.c, function makeMsg:

sc_time((union stamp_combo *) &(xmsg.date_written), (char *)msg->datetime)

WV> This is of course only a problem if you have more than 1 link to an
WV> echomail area. Which is never (or shouldn't) be the case for a point
WV> system. ;)

I'm a node in the othernet ;)

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
* Origin: (2:280/464.47)