Fidonet Portal

From: Daryl Stout (1:19/33)
To: All
Date: Sun, 05.07.20 22:46
New Guitar Appreciation
Earlier today (July 5) on the classical music radio station
in Little Rock, KLRE (a service of the University Of Arkansas
At Little Rock, and the University of Arkansas For Medical
Sciences), on the show "Classical Guitar Alive", they did a
piece that gave me a new appreciation for guitars.

"The Odessa Duet" (if I remember right), had 2 guitar
players, but they did "Rhapsody In Blue" by George Gershwin.
I had heard it done with just piano, or with piano and full
orchestra, but never with 2 guitars.

Needless to say, I was very impressed!!

Daryl

... She used to be a teacher. Back then she had class.
=== MultiMail/Win v0.52
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
* Origin: The Thunderbolt BBS - tbolt.synchro.net (1:19/33)

From: Nigel Reed (1:124/5016)
To: All
Date: Fri, 10.07.20 03:45
Re: New Guitar Appreciation
Daryl wrote:
> Earlier today (July 5) on the classical music radio station
> in Little Rock, KLRE (a service of the University Of Arkansas
> At Little Rock, and the University of Arkansas For Medical
> Sciences), on the show "Classical Guitar Alive", they did a
> piece that gave me a new appreciation for guitars.
>
> "The Odessa Duet" (if I remember right), had 2 guitar
> players, but they did "Rhapsody In Blue" by George Gershwin.
> I had heard it done with just piano, or with piano and full
> orchestra, but never with 2 guitars.

Duo In G Opus 34, composed by Ferdinando Carulli and performed
by Julian Bream and John Williams (not THAT John Williams)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqNuYhu9G0o

To see it performed by two talented guys, watch here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFxERCdA-Bc

Then there's John Renbourn for something a little different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA6bBD1q--U

This was used as the theme to a BBC TV kids show of the 80's. Bonus points if
you can name it Smile
--- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
* Origin: End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com (1:124/5016)