Fidonet Portal

From: Flavio Bessa (4:801/189.1)
To: All
Date: Tue, 13.11.18 09:39
Blue Wave Mac
Hello Gonzalo.

I have finally managed to download and install the BW for Mac! ;)

A few questions:

- As I could notice, it's a bundle of DOSBOX. How do I integrate it in
such a way that it can read my directories (My BW packages are downloaded to
/Users/flbessa/multimail/down for instance)
- How can I "register" the SW?

Flavio

--- MacFidoIP 1.0 (OSX)
* Origin: Hyperion's Orbit - Resisting since 1995! (4:801/189.1)

From: Dale Shipp (1:261/1466)
To: All
Date: Wed, 14.11.18 00:50
Re: Blue Wave Mac
-=> On 11-13-18 09:39, Flavio Bessa <=-
-=> spoke to Gonzalo Fernandez Ordas about Blue Wave Mac <=-

FB> Hello Gonzalo.

FB> I have finally managed to download and install the BW for Mac!
FB> ;)
FB> A few questions:

FB> - As I could notice, it's a bundle of DOSBOX. How

There are a few problems with the Bluewave under DOSBOX. One problem
shows up when it is packing up its files, and causes a serious flaw.
There is a fix for this problem. Take a look at the discussion on
vogons.org

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=18242&p=132706&hilit=bluewave#p13270
6

The other problem has to do with the way that Bluewave uses the
timestamps on the QWK files. There is no fix I know of for this, but it
is not too serious. Because of these problems, I run BlueWave in a
virtual WINXP window, but if you fix the first problem you should be
able to run it using DOSBOX.

FB> do I integrate it in such a way that it can read my
FB> directories (My BW packages are downloaded to
FB> /Users/flbessa/multimail/down for instance)

When you open up Bluewave, there is a menu at the top. Use the arrow to
go over to the CONIG option. There you will find options on where to
look for your mail packets / reply packets etc. Since Bluewave is in
reality a DOS program, it is going to be looking for directories in the
DOS form, e.g. D:\users\flbessa\multimail\down etc. I don't know enough
about MAC to say how you should set that up. I suspect that there might
be some sort of "mount" command that would allow you to equate D: to a
particular Mac directory, e.g. Set D: = /users/flbessa/multimail and
then go from there. If you can get that to work, then D:\down would be
where your mail goes.

FB> - How can I "register" the SW?

You cannot register it any more. The original author left the scene
several decades ago. You can run it as unregistered. You might find a
registration key if you search the web hard enough.

Dale Shipp
fido_261_1466 (at) verizon (dot) net
(1:261/1466)

... Shipwrecked on Hesperus in Columbia, Maryland. 01:07:00, 14 Nov 2018
___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.30

--- Maximus/NT 3.01
* Origin: Owl's Anchor (1:261/1466)

From: Flavio Bessa (4:801/188)
To: All
Date: Thu, 13.12.18 07:37
Re: Blue Wave Mac
-=> Gonzalo Fernandez Ordas wrote to Nighthawk <=-

FB> - How can I "register" the SW?

GFO> hey Flavio,

GFO> give me a couple of days please as I am working away for a couple of
GFO> days and I need my laptop which is back home to have a look...

No problem, just let me know...

---
.-----________________--_ ________.--'-`--.____ Hugs from Flavio Bessa
\____==================_) \_'===================' Syzo of Saturn's Orbit
- -|__|-.______|=====/ `---' Netmail 4:801/189.1

and prosper... `-.__________,' Always UnionNET Addicted!

... "J fez a ficha da Half-Elf humana?" - Reptile Shaman

___ MultiMail/Mac v0.51

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A38 2018/01/01 (Windows/64)
* Origin: Saturn's Orbit BBS - Rio de Janeiro, Brasil (4:801/188)

From: Flavio Bessa (4:801/188)
To: All
Date: Mon, 24.12.18 13:20
Re: Blue Wave Mac
-=> Gonzalo Fernandez Ordas wrote to Nighthawk <=-

GFO> Yeah, by default it will be looking inside of the
GFO> BlueWave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/ directory.
GFO> If you want to manipulate the paths then you should have to configure
GFO> file:

GFO> BlueWave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/dosbox.conf which is the one for
GFO> DosBox.

Got it! Thank you!

GFO> Also this copy it's already patched, with the very latest patch ever
GFO> released for the 2K effect...

Great! I hope to start using it pretty soon.

---

and prosper... `-.__________,' Always UnionNET Addicted!

... Cena UnionNet: Copinho abracado a um dragao de pelucia...