Fidonet Portal

From: Roger Nelson (1:3828/7)
To: All
Date: Wed, 21.11.18 14:16
Guitar cover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5v5A-bacMQ

Regards,

Roger

--- D'Bridge (SR39)
* Origin: NCS BBS (1:3828/7)

From: Nigel Reed (1:124/5016)
To: All
Date: Thu, 22.11.18 03:23
Re: Guitar cover
Roger wrote:
R> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5v5A-bacMQ
R>
R>
R> Regards,
R>
R> Roger
R>
R> --- D'Bridge (SR39)
R> * Origin: NCS BBS (1:3828/7)

Very nice Roger. Is that your video? What would be really nice is showing
which strings are being picked on the chord box. Doesn't look too bad to
figure out tho.
--- SBBSecho 3.06-Linux
* Origin: End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com (1:124/5016)

From: Nigel Reed (1:124/5016)
To: All
Date: Fri, 23.11.18 00:18
Re: Guitar cover
Roger wrote:
R> On Thu Nov-22-2018 02:23, Nigel Reed (1:124/5016) wrote to Roger Nelson:
R>
R>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5v5A-bacMQ
R>
NR>> Very nice Roger. Is that your video? What would be really nice is
NR>> showing which strings are being picked on the chord box. Doesn't
NR>> look too bad to figure out tho.
R>
R> No, it isn't me. I no longer own a guitar. That is something I got off of
R> Youtube and thought I'd spice things up here a bit by posting it.
R>
R> The one below is my favorite (if I still had callouses):
R>
R> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO5HDSnR068

I really don't like that song. Thanks tho.

From: Roger Nelson (1:3828/7)
To: All
Date: Sun, 09.12.18 07:50
Re: Guitar cover
PQ> TID: FMail-lnx32 2.1.0.18-B20170905
PQ> TZUTC: 1000
PQ> CHRS: UTF-8 2
PQ> MSGID: 3:640/1384 5c0c8159
PQ> REPLY: 1:3828/7.0 c0bf2d21

PQ> On 08 Dec 18 11:36, you wrote to me:

PQ> I'm happy for you. That was the _first_ YT video that ever played
PQ> properly on my netbook's Chromium browser, which has never been
PQ> enhanced by updates since its installation (TTBOMK).

I don't use Chrome. I can't get the settings to my liking.

PQ> The song is a personal favourite of mine, and is in my MP3 collection.
PQ> It embodies a conundrum for me in that I have strongly associated
PQ> the song with our (yours & mine) favourite Bess Armstrong flick;
PQ> the one in which she toys with Tom Selleck.

High Road to China.

PQ> (Each may have been released here in Oz in the same year.[shrug]Wink
PQ> My personal struggle with the song is that it has been
PQ> characterised as having a 'stalking' storyline. This is a difficult
PQ> theme for any father with a/any daughters. Hence, my personal
PQ> feelings for the song are somewhat polarised depending on the phase
PQ> of the moon (perhaps).

That was excellent!

Regards,

Roger