Fidonet Portal

From: Kelbel (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Lenovo Thinkpad X200
From: Kelbel <kelbel.b.root@free.fr>

Hello

Has somebody installed OS/2 V4.52 on subject computer ?
(availability of the various drivers etc etc)
What are the caveats ?

Thks for info

K.
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Barbara (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad X200
From: "Barbara" <bca.1824@clutter.gmail.net>

On Mon, 5 Dec 2016 16:35:40 UTC, Kelbel <kelbel.b.root@free.fr> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Has somebody installed OS/2 V4.52 on subject computer ?
> (availability of the various drivers etc etc)
> What are the caveats ?
>
> Thks for info
>
> K.

I don't know how much help this will be but I have eCS 2.2 (final beta)
installed on a Thinkpad X220. Everything works except wifi. Not sure of the
differences between X200 and X220.

In this Thinkpad, (don't know about the x200) the wifi card is an Intel
Centrino
Advanced-N 6205 for which there is not a working eCS - OS/2 driver. A genmac
driver was promised, but as far as I know never delivered. If I need wifi, I
use a small Netgear external wireless adapter. It can also be attached to a
home wireless router, but that defeats its use as a portable.

I also have Linux and Windows7 installed on this computer. Installing all 3
OS's was done largely by trial and error in early 2014 and it wasn't easy!
Sorry I don't have any more current information.

--
Barbara
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Philippe (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad X200
From: Philippe <philippe.jacquart@free.fr>

Barbara wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Dec 2016 16:35:40 UTC, Kelbel <kelbel.b.root@free.fr> wrote:
>

>>Hello
>>
>>Has somebody installed OS/2 V4.52 on subject computer ?
>>(availability of the various drivers etc etc)
>>What are the caveats ?
>>
>>Thks for info
>>
>>K.
>

> I don't know how much help this will be but I have eCS 2.2 (final beta)
> installed on a Thinkpad X220. Everything works except wifi. Not sure of the

> differences between X200 and X220.
>
> In this Thinkpad, (don't know about the x200) the wifi card is an Intel
Centrino
> Advanced-N 6205 for which there is not a working eCS - OS/2 driver. A
genmac
> driver was promised, but as far as I know never delivered. If I need wifi, I

> use a small Netgear external wireless adapter. It can also be attached to a
> home wireless router, but that defeats its use as a portable.
>
> I also have Linux and Windows7 installed on this computer. Installing all 3
> OS's was done largely by trial and error in early 2014 and it wasn't easy!
> Sorry I don't have any more current information.

OK thks for yr info. There was a typo in my post: I meant "X220" and not X200
No wifi support is however a bit annoying.

thanks again

K.

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Barbara (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad X200
From: "Barbara" <bca.1824@clutter.gmail.net>

On Wed, 7 Dec 2016 09:23:44 UTC, Philippe <philippe.jacquart@free.fr> wrote:

> Barbara wrote:
> > On Mon, 5 Dec 2016 16:35:40 UTC, Kelbel <kelbel.b.root@free.fr> wrote:
> >

> >>Hello
> >>
> >>Has somebody installed OS/2 V4.52 on subject computer ?
> >>(availability of the various drivers etc etc)
> >>What are the caveats ?
> >>
> >>Thks for info
> >>
> >>K.
> >

> > I don't know how much help this will be but I have eCS 2.2 (final beta)
> > installed on a Thinkpad X220. Everything works except wifi. Not sure of
the
> > differences between X200 and X220.
> >
> > In this Thinkpad, (don't know about the x200) the wifi card is an Intel
Centrino
> > Advanced-N 6205 for which there is not a working eCS - OS/2 driver. A
genmac
> > driver was promised, but as far as I know never delivered. If I need wifi,
> > use a small Netgear external wireless adapter. It can also be attached to
> > home wireless router, but that defeats its use as a portable.
> >
> > I also have Linux and Windows7 installed on this computer. Installing all
3
> > OS's was done largely by trial and error in early 2014 and it wasn't easy!

> > Sorry I don't have any more current information.
> >

> OK thks for yr info. There was a typo in my post: I meant "X220" and not X200
> No wifi support is however a bit annoying.
>

> thanks again
>
> K.

It's very annoying! WIFI does work on Linux and Windows.

--
Barbara
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Pete (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad X200
From: Pete <losepete@losepete.plus.com>

Hi Barbara

Barbara wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Dec 2016 16:35:40 UTC, Kelbel <kelbel.b.root@free.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> Has somebody installed OS/2 V4.52 on subject computer ?
>> (availability of the various drivers etc etc)
>> What are the caveats ?
>>
>> Thks for info
>>
>> K.
>
> I don't know how much help this will be but I have eCS 2.2 (final beta)
> installed on a Thinkpad X220. Everything works except wifi. Not sure of the
> differences between X200 and X220.
>
> In this Thinkpad, (don't know about the x200) the wifi card is an Intel
Centrino
> Advanced-N 6205 for which there is not a working eCS - OS/2 driver. A
genmac
> driver was promised, but as far as I know never delivered.

I'm sure I saw something about N6205 support in a genmac Intel package...

Have a look at ftp://genmac@ftp.os2voice.org/GENMU_INTEL_WIFI_README.TXT
which claims support for some N6205 Device IDs.

Regards

Pete

From: Barbara (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad X200
From: "Barbara" <bca.1824@clutter.gmail.net>

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 02:09:51 UTC, Pete <losepete@losepete.plus.com> wrote:

> Hi Barbara
>
> Barbara wrote:
> > On Mon, 5 Dec 2016 16:35:40 UTC, Kelbel <kelbel.b.root@free.fr> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello
> >>
> >> Has somebody installed OS/2 V4.52 on subject computer ?
> >> (availability of the various drivers etc etc)
> >> What are the caveats ?
> >>
> >> Thks for info
> >>
> >> K.
> >
> > I don't know how much help this will be but I have eCS 2.2 (final beta)
> > installed on a Thinkpad X220. Everything works except wifi. Not sure of
the
> > differences between X200 and X220.
> >
> > In this Thinkpad, (don't know about the x200) the wifi card is an Intel
Centrino
> > Advanced-N 6205 for which there is not a working eCS - OS/2 driver. A
genmac
> > driver was promised, but as far as I know never delivered.
>

> I'm sure I saw something about N6205 support in a genmac Intel package...
>
> Have a look at ftp://genmac@ftp.os2voice.org/GENMU_INTEL_WIFI_README.TXT
> which claims support for some N6205 Device IDs.
>

> Regards
>
> Pete

Do you need a Voice subscriber package and password to get in there? All I'm
getting is a "Enter Password" box.

--
Barbara
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: fritz chwolka (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad X200
From: fritz chwolka <fritz_chwolka@t-online.de>

Am 08.12.2016 um 18:59 schrieb Barbara:
> On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 02:09:51 UTC, Pete <losepete@losepete.plus.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Barbara
>>
>> Barbara wrote:

>>> I don't know how much help this will be but I have eCS 2.2 (final beta)
>>> installed on a Thinkpad X220. Everything works except wifi. Not sure of
the
>>> differences between X200 and X220.
>>>
>>> In this Thinkpad, (don't know about the x200) the wifi card is an Intel
Centrino
>>> Advanced-N 6205 for which there is not a working eCS - OS/2 driver. A
genmac
>>> driver was promised, but as far as I know never delivered.
>>

>> I'm sure I saw something about N6205 support in a genmac Intel package...
>>
>> Have a look at ftp://genmac@ftp.os2voice.org/GENMU_INTEL_WIFI_README.TXT
>> which claims support for some N6205 Device IDs.
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> Pete
>
> Do you need a Voice subscriber package and password to get in there? All I'm
> getting is a "Enter Password" box.

ftp://ftp.os2voice.org/pub/genmac/

I believe you can login with anonymous login
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Barbara (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad X200
From: "Barbara" <bca.1824@clutter.gmail.net>

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 20:23:41 UTC, fritz chwolka <fritz_chwolka@t-online.de>
wrote:

> Am 08.12.2016 um 18:59 schrieb Barbara:
> > On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 02:09:51 UTC, Pete <losepete@losepete.plus.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Barbara

Centrino

> >> I'm sure I saw something about N6205 support in a genmac Intel package...
> >>
> >> Have a look at ftp://genmac@ftp.os2voice.org/GENMU_INTEL_WIFI_README.TXT
> >> which claims support for some N6205 Device IDs.
> >>

> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Pete
> >
> > Do you need a Voice subscriber package and password to get in there? All
I'm
> > getting is a "Enter Password" box.
> >

> ftp://ftp.os2voice.org/pub/genmac/
>
> I believe you can login with anonymous login

Thanks. That worked. Most of the information there is dated 2014, and I
believe
I did try some of it. Oddly the wpi test file dated 2014 is tagged O-4-6 with
the one dated 2016 tagged 0-4-5. ??? If I'm not mistaken while trying to
understand the .txt files it's a request for users to try this and that and
report back if it works. I gave up.

--
Barbara
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2