Fidonet Portal

From: VOICE News Service (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sun, 10.05.20 08:52
Event: News from Warpstock Europe: Warpstock Europe 2020
From: VOICE News Service <cooannounce@os2voice.org>

++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++

Below is the presentation schedule for Warpstock Europe 2020 Saturday the 16th
and Sunday the 17th of May 2020.
Due to the Corona virus Warpstock Europe 2020 is a virtual event. You can
follow the presentations live via the following Warpstock Europe Youtube
channel.
Compared to previous years we have not that many presentations on the schedule.
This is because I (Roderick Klein) have had COVID-19, I have not been very
sick. But it has prevented me from working on Warpstock Europe 2020.
http://Youtube.com should work with Firefox 45 running on ArcaOS. Some
presentations are pre-recorded. However the presenters will be online to answer
your questions live.
If you want to ask questions to the presenters you will need join the #WSE2020
IRC channel on the freenode IRC network. (Note you need Firefox 45 for Google
Captcha to function). Or you need to use an IRC client and goto
http://irc.freenode.org port 6667 and join channel #WSE2020.
If you would like to support the Dutch OS/2 VOICE foundation please consider
making a donation.
Times mentioned below are Central European time, see table below for other time
zones. The video presentations will be stored later on the Warpstock Europe
Youtube channel.
Saturday May 16th of May

TimeTitleSpeaker

15:00-15:30
Opening and update on the OS/2 VOICE foundation
Roderick Klein

15:30-16:30
Booting ArcaOS on UEFI BIOS
Alex Taylor

16:30-17:30
PC partitioning, OS/2 LVM, GPT (DFsee)
Jan van Wijk

17:30-19:00
Break for Lunch/dinner.

19:00-20:00
To be determined

Sunday May 17th of May

TimeTitleSpeaker

15:00-16:00
Roadmap for ArcaOS* 5.1 and beyond...
Lewis Rosenthal

16:00-17:00
Update from Bitwise Works
Silvan Scherrer

17:00-18:00
Presentation of OS/2 on Yoga 12 with its Touch and Pen abilities
Sigurd Fastenrath

18:00-19:00
Break for Lunch/dinner.

19:00-20:00
Arca Noae Package Manager 2020 update
Alex Taylor

20:00-21:00
To be determined

Timetable
The table below lists a few times in CEST and corresponding times in different
timezones.

Amsterdam
New York
Los Angeles