Fidonet Portal

From: rs37 (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Trials of Battle and eCS 1.2R
From: "rs37" <rfsenger@gmail.com>

Hi,

Are there any special configuration or tips to run Stardock Trials of
Battle on EcS 1.2R?

rfsenger

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Andreas Kohl (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: Trials of Battle and eCS 1.2R
From: Andreas Kohl <ak120@web.de>

rs37 schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any special configuration or tips to run Stardock Trials of
> Battle on EcS 1.2R?

Better use Warp 4 with fixpak 12 applied. If possible install it to an
separate partition selectable by bootmanager.

Regards
Andreas Kohl
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: rs37 (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: Trials of Battle and eCS 1.2R
From: "rs37" <rfsenger@gmail.com>

> rs37 schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Are there any special configuration or tips to run Stardock Trials of
> > Battle on EcS 1.2R?
>
> Better use Warp 4 with fixpak 12 applied. If possible install it to an
> separate partition selectable by bootmanager.
>
> Regards
> Andreas Kohl

Are there any minimal requirements for this Warp 4 vanilla installation
(beyond FP12)? In fact I intend to install it in a Parallels Virtual
Machine with GENGRADD driver and network support. Any other suggestion?

Thanks
rfsenger

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Andreas Kohl (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: Trials of Battle and eCS 1.2R
From: Andreas Kohl <ak120@web.de>

rs37 schrieb:
>>rs37 schrieb:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Are there any special configuration or tips to run Stardock Trials of
>>>Battle on EcS 1.2R?
>>
>>Better use Warp 4 with fixpak 12 applied. If possible install it to an
>>separate partition selectable by bootmanager.
>>
>>Regards
>>Andreas Kohl
>

> Are there any minimal requirements for this Warp 4 vanilla installation
> (beyond FP12)? In fact I intend to install it in a Parallels Virtual
> Machine with GENGRADD driver and network support. Any other suggestion?

For actual GRADD driver support the minimum is Warp 4 + Fixpak 5 or 6 or
Warp 3 + Fixpak 35.
For installation in Virtual machine I recommend to create a disk image
that contains the NDIS driver for the virtual networking device.

Regards,
Andreas Kohl
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Christian Hennecke (1:396/4)
To: All
Date: Sat, 30.05.20 08:06
Re: Trials of Battle and eCS 1.2R
00000d9e
From: "Christian Hennecke" <christian.hennecke@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>

On Mon, 8 May 2006 13:13:08 UTC, "rs37" <rfsenger@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are there any special configuration or tips to run Stardock Trials of
> Battle on EcS 1.2R?

Nothing that I know of. I just played a round and it worked fine.
--
"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen." - W.H. Auden
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2