Fidonet Portal

From: Kelbel (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Acrobat Reader
From: Kelbel <kelbel.b.root@free.fr>

Hello

Is it possible to run Acrobat Reader 9.0 using ar5os2.exe ?
So far, ater adding MSVCR80.DLL UNICOWS.dll which were
missing, the massage says the CORE dll can'b be loaded.

Is there more recent ar5os2.exe version ?

Thanks for help

K.
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Peter Brown (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: Acrobat Reader
From: Peter Brown <losepeteSPAM-ME-NOT@ntlworld.com>

Hi Kelbel

Kelbel wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is it possible to run Acrobat Reader 9.0 using ar5os2.exe ?
> So far, ater adding MSVCR80.DLL UNICOWS.dll which were
> missing, the massage says the CORE dll can'b be loaded.
>
> Is there more recent ar5os2.exe version ?
>
> Thanks for help
>
> K.

The last version of AR for OS/2 is AR5.1

I doubt if later versions will run using ar5os2.exe or odin - but if you
do work it out let us know Smile

Regards

Pete

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Kelbel (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: Acrobat Reader
From: Kelbel <kelbel.b.root@free.fr>

Peter Brown wrote:
> Hi Kelbel
>
> Kelbel wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> Is it possible to run Acrobat Reader 9.0 using ar5os2.exe ?
>> So far, ater adding MSVCR80.DLL UNICOWS.dll which were
>> missing, the massage says the CORE dll can'b be loaded.
>>
>> Is there more recent ar5os2.exe version ?
>>
>> Thanks for help
>>
>> K.
>

> The last version of AR for OS/2 is AR5.1
>
> I doubt if later versions will run using ar5os2.exe or odin - but if you
> do work it out let us know Smile
>

> Regards
>
> Pete

Pete,
Thks for your answer. I may not be up to date re ar5os2.exe, the current
file I have says "2/03/04 10:32 33707 0 ar5os2.exe"
BTW the innotek website seems to be closed by now..
Should you have the latest version handy, can you upload it and tell
where I can get it ? (if no license rights breached..Wink

So far, I tried previous Acrobat versions.. no luck yet.
This is now a pain in the neck, many .pdf documents cant be read with
Acrobat 5.0 ..

K.
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Peter Brown (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: Acrobat Reader
From: Peter Brown <losepeteSPAM-ME-NOT@ntlworld.com>

Hi Kelbel

Kelbel wrote:
> Peter Brown wrote:
>> Hi Kelbel
>>
>> Kelbel wrote:
>>
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> Is it possible to run Acrobat Reader 9.0 using ar5os2.exe ?
>>> So far, ater adding MSVCR80.DLL UNICOWS.dll which were
>>> missing, the massage says the CORE dll can'b be loaded.
>>>
>>> Is there more recent ar5os2.exe version ?
>>>
>>> Thanks for help
>>>
>>> K.
>>

>> The last version of AR for OS/2 is AR5.1
>>
>> I doubt if later versions will run using ar5os2.exe or odin - but if
>> you do work it out let us know Smile
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> Pete
>>

> Pete,
> Thks for your answer. I may not be up to date re ar5os2.exe, the current
> file I have says "2/03/04 10:32 33707 0 ar5os2.exe"

Yes, that is the latest/last ar5os2.exe

> BTW the innotek website seems to be closed by now..

Long gone.

> Should you have the latest version handy, can you upload it and tell
> where I can get it ? (if no license rights breached..Wink
>
> So far, I tried previous Acrobat versions.. no luck yet.
> This is now a pain in the neck, many .pdf documents cant be read with
> Acrobat 5.0 ..
>
> K.

Maybe Lucide will help. You can find recent releases of Lucide at
http://www.os2site.com/sw/util/pdf/

Regards

Pete

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: James J. Weinkam (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: Acrobat Reader
From: "James J. Weinkam" <jjw@cs.sfu.ca>

Kelbel wrote:
> So far, I tried previous Acrobat versions.. no luck yet.
> This is now a pain in the neck, many .pdf documents cant be read with
> Acrobat 5.0 ..
>
> K.
Have you tried GSView/Ghostscript?
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Kelbel (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: Acrobat Reader
From: Kelbel <kelbel.b.root@free.fr>

James J. Weinkam wrote:
> Kelbel wrote:
>
>> So far, I tried previous Acrobat versions.. no luck yet.
>> This is now a pain in the neck, many .pdf documents cant be read with
>> Acrobat 5.0 ..
>>
>> K.
>
> Have you tried GSView/Ghostscript?

No, not yet. I'll try it

thks

K.
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Kelbel (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: Acrobat Reader
From: Kelbel <kelbel.b.root@free.fr>

Peter Brown wrote:
> Hi Kelbel
>
> Kelbel wrote:
>
>> Peter Brown wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Kelbel

>>> The last version of AR for OS/2 is AR5.1
>>>
>>> I doubt if later versions will run using ar5os2.exe or odin - but if
>>> you do work it out let us know Smile
>>>

>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Pete
>>>

>> Pete,
>> Thks for your answer. I may not be up to date re ar5os2.exe, the current
>> file I have says "2/03/04 10:32 33707 0 ar5os2.exe"
>

> Yes, that is the latest/last ar5os2.exe
>

>> BTW the innotek website seems to be closed by now..
>

> Long gone.
>

>> Should you have the latest version handy, can you upload it and tell
>> where I can get it ? (if no license rights breached..Wink
>>
>> So far, I tried previous Acrobat versions.. no luck yet.
>> This is now a pain in the neck, many .pdf documents cant be read with
>> Acrobat 5.0 ..
>>
>> K.
>

> Maybe Lucide will help. You can find recent releases of Lucide at
> http://www.os2site.com/sw/util/pdf/
>

> Regards
>
> Pete

OK Peter. Thks. I'll try Lucide

K.
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Nitro (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: Acrobat Reader
00001133
From: "Nitro" <nitro-57@no_spam_please_usa.net>

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 23:09:40 +0000, Peter Brown wrote:

>Hi Kelbel
>
>Kelbel wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> Is it possible to run Acrobat Reader 9.0 using ar5os2.exe ?
>> So far, ater adding MSVCR80.DLL UNICOWS.dll which were
>> missing, the massage says the CORE dll can'b be loaded.
>>
>> Is there more recent ar5os2.exe version ?
>>
>> Thanks for help
>>
>> K.
>

>The last version of AR for OS/2 is AR5.1
>
>I doubt if later versions will run using ar5os2.exe or odin - but if you
>do work it out let us know Smile
>

>Regards
>
>Pete

I have only tried it under Linux but the newer versions of Libreoffice /
OpenOffice can open some pdf files (and even allow editing)
Don't recall the latest release for OS/2 that was released with eCS 2.1.

--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2