Fidonet Portal

From: Jonathan de Boyne Pollard (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
dir test?.cmd lists unexpected results
0000112a
From: Jonathan de Boyne Pollard <J.deBoynePollard-newsgroups@NTLWorld.COM>

> From 4OS2 help "wildcards".

Xe wasn't necessarily using 4OS2.

> Offhand I can only think of a test for the string size to filter out
> the smaller names.

You should have read the rest of the help. It would have told you about
TEST[?].CMD . (-:
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2

From: Andre Nancoz (1:396/4)
To: n/a
Date: Sun, 14.06.20 14:57
Re: dir test?.cmd lists unexpected results
0000112b
From: "Andre Nancoz" <anancoz@optonline.net>

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 14:37:29 UTC, Jonathan de Boyne Pollard
<J.deBoynePollard-newsgroups@NTLWorld.COM> wrote:

> You should have read the rest of the help. It would have told you about
> TEST[?].CMD

Should have, I just stopped at the 1st applicable paragraph.
Been a lot of years since I first read the 4OS2 wildcard extensions.
Re-reading it now was a good refresh, thanks.
--
Andre
--- NewsGate v1.0 gamma 2